[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The instrumentals ruin this album.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: PetSoundsCover.jpg (137 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
PetSoundsCover.jpg
137 KB, 300x300
The instrumentals ruin this album.
>>
you fucking DUNDERHEAD
>>
you fucking DUNDERHEAD
>>
>>61039423
you fucking DUNDERHEAD
>>
>>61039423
Really poor taste you fucking DUNDERHEAD
>>
you fucking DUNDERHEAD
>>
>>61039423
you fucking DUNDERHEAD
>>
>>61039423
nah its the lyrics that doom it
>>
>>61039423
You're a real DUNDERHEAD
>>
>>61039423
>>61039550
you fucking DUNDERHEADS
>>
>>61039550
This is seriously the truth, Pet Sounds has great songwriting but the lyrics aren't up to par. Their albums after it all have weird childlike psychedelic lyrics but on Pet Sounds the songs are still about girls and love and shit.
>>
lets go away for a while is beautiful, pet sounds is good, and the lyrics perfectly match the music's idealistic innocence
>>
>>61039423
Let's Go Away for Awhile is the best song on the album you cunt
>>
>>61039677
>the songs are still about girls and love and shit.
Yeah but there's a melancholy to it that their previous love songs lacked.
>>
>>61039775
>here today exists
>god only knows exists
>i just wasn't made for these times exist
>don't talk exists
>>
Let's Go Away For Awhile is the song that I wish the rest of Pet Sounds sounded like.
>>
>>61039930

This.

I wish the beach boys made more psychedelic lounge rock/pop
>>
>>61039677
Pet Sounds is a concept album about the loss of innocence and childhood bliss. The lyrics are perfect for it
>>
>>61039423
you fucking DUNDERHEAD
>>
>>61039811
You're not wrong, but some of their early songs definitely had a melancholy as well. I'm not even saying the lyrics on Pet Sounds are bad, they're great for what they are, but what I am saying is The Beach Boys later proved they could do a lot more with their lyrics than what they did on Pet Sounds.

>>61040093
You're adding the concept yourself, even Brian said that the only "concept" is the consistancy of the production style. You could say all of the earlier Beach Boys albums were concept albums about coming of age in California, you could say Party! is a concept album about a 1960's party, but truth is they aren't.

Anyway, I'm not shitting on Pet Sounds at all, I love the album. I just can recognize that it has it's faults too.
>>
the manager and members mostly being cunts detracts from this album. doesn't ruin it tho. brian is so fucking good at what he does.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.