[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Prove that this isn't the best beatles solo album
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: MI0001963511.jpg (37 KB, 400x392) Image search: [Google]
MI0001963511.jpg
37 KB, 400x392
Prove that this isn't the best beatles solo album
>>
'no'
>>
>>61037320
http://rateyourmusic.com/artist/paul_mccartney
>>
File: ringostarr-ynot.jpg (24 KB, 717x717) Image search: [Google]
ringostarr-ynot.jpg
24 KB, 717x717
>>
Because RAM exists
>>
>album
>is, no joke, half jams

Even George made better albums than this one.
>>
>>61037783
literally this
>>
Plastic Ono Band is so objectively superior every Beatles solo album
>>
>>61037783
It's less than half jams, it's like a third jams. And they're good jams at that. Also Darkhorse is secretely one of George's best albums.
>>
>>61037320
It can't be that good if I haven't listened to it
>>
>>61038021
cloud nine*******
>>
>>61038071
Cloud Nine is definitely in the top 5, but Darkhorse is easily in the top 2 along with All Things Must Pass. Also Cloud Nine is kind of a well respected album whereas Darkhorse is universally hated, making it much more of a secret that it's one of George's best.
>>
>>61037989
Are you referring to John or Yoko's Plastic Ono Band album?
>>
>>61038149
John's elohel fuck that nip whore
>>
>>61038130
i see a lot of people hating cloud nine, maybe its because of the artwork and they havent even listened to it. extra texture is his secret best album btw

i should listen to darkhorse one day
>>
>>61037565
not that it means jack shit, but
http://rateyourmusic.com/artist/john_lennon
>>
>>61038225
Extra Texture kind of falls flat to me, like theres nothing standout bad about it but nothing really excellant either. And Darkhorse will always be George's secret best album, because it is panned by literally every critic thus ignored by a lot of people. It stands somewhere between the sound of All Things Must Pass and his later more 'rock' sound, really great stuff.
>>
>>61038071
Brainwashed is probably my #2, that one had some great stuff on before he died.
>>
>>61037320
Ram > Band On The Run > Back To The Egg > Wings Wild Life > McCartney > Plastic Ono Band > McCartney II > London Town > Venus & Mars > All Things Must Pass
>>
>>61038817
>being that much of a McCartney stan
Loling out loud irl rn
>>
>>61038817
YES
>>
File: 1450007972171.jpg (85 KB, 480x624) Image search: [Google]
1450007972171.jpg
85 KB, 480x624
>>61037747
this lol and also BotR
>>
>>61039396
nice shop
>>
>>61038851
>not listening to Wings because music critics in the 1970s said that they were bad
>>
John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band exists.

There. I proved it.
>>
>>61039602
I love Wings and Paul McCartney solo, I just don't consider his work to be the pinnacle of Beatles solo. I'd have to say John had the best string of albums, but George released the best album overall and Paul falls somewhere in the middle. I also like Ringo's solo albums, but they're just not on the same level as the other three Beatle's solo careers. Hope this clears things up friend :))
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.