[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the appeal of these middlebrow genres like noise and drone?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: fid.jpg (5 KB, 259x195) Image search: [Google]
fid.jpg
5 KB, 259x195
why not just listen to either good electronic or good classical or whatever? why all this "well most of my knowledge really comes from pop music but I wanna be avant garde"
>>
Shittiest bait I've seen today.
>>
>>61036366
>well most of my knowledge really comes from pop music but I wanna be avant garde

this is why /noise/ is one of the biggest, most embarrassing mistakes in the history of this board
/mu/ memers are just not equipped for talking about this stuff
>>
>>61036366
terrible bait
>>
im serious
>>
>>61036366
noise and drone are folk musics you god damn retard
>>
>>61036366
good electronic like what?

I hope you're not just gonna list me the usual opn,boc,aphex,autechre,hip hop,arca
shit that you fags respam everyday and act like you're oh so knowledge about it

please op list me good electronic im waiting :)
>>
>>61036366
Why the fuck do idiots like you have to be pretentious about music? I don't get it! You like what you like! Doesn't make it high-brow, even it's hoighty-toighty fuckshit like classical music. Man you're so cultured because you love to hear recycled movements written and arranged by dead white men over and over how classy, how good for you! I personally dislike drone, but rather enjoy noise. I think drone is hella boring and haven't met anyone irl who enjoys it. But noise is generally exciting, experimental, and at the very least interesting, worth really listening to and replaying. Berating something because you don't get it is dumb, and so is this fucking bait, even though you got me. gj
>>
>>61036398
albeit when i say this i'm not disparaging noise, i'm disparaging /noise/

there's like 2 or 3 people posting in those threads who actually have a clue and the quality of those threads rests solely on their shoulders, the rest are just /mu/ plebs who still haven't gotten over merzbow and who approach noise from a pop music listener's point of view("why do i like it? uhh... because it sounds good?"), or dumbfucks who keep spamming their SC/BC shit despite not even listening to noise themselves

shameful stuff
>>
noise and drone are unintrusive ambience suitable for everyday life and don't become earworms
>>
>>61036947
This is true btw
>>
>>61036976
this. its just nice soothing music for when you're high or feeling comfy
>>
>>61036824
jacques lejeune, mick spybey, roly porter, conrad schnitzler, dockstader, stuff like that
haus arafna is a favorite too
>>
>>61036947
Why do people listen to music if it doesn't sound good? I don't mean good as in sonorous, melodic, or even pleasant on the ear. I mean good as in they enjoy the sound being produced. I can appreciate music that went through a process to be created (e.g., rec01), but I don't understand why someone would listen to something if they're not getting any enjoyment out of it.
>>
>>61037302
The only answer i can give you is that only total autismos listen to music they don't enjoy. I say this as an avid noise/glitch fan.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.