[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Heya /mu! I have a shitty squier strat. I'm finally willing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Strat 3.jpg (364 KB, 1569x1174) Image search: [Google]
Strat 3.jpg
364 KB, 1569x1174
Heya /mu!

I have a shitty squier strat. I'm finally willing to spend about 300-400 dollars on an upgrade.

I just want to make sure I get the best electric I can for that price range. Suggestions? Thanks so much for any info!
>>
a tele maybe
>>
obvious answer is a used Fender if you still want a strat. It'll have some resale value that way
>>
>>61031913
>Thanks so much for any info!

fuck off with that cutesy shit
even irl it's fucking annoying
>>
>>61032269
YOU are annoying for complaining about such kind of thing.
>>
>>61031913
Sell it and get a Mexican/American strat.

Some American strats go for 500.
>>
Get some artcore Ibanez desu if you play blues and jazz
>>
If you like strats (I also started with squier strat and still play strat) look for a used/discounted fender, MIM probably... usually thats how u get a good deal

reverb.com, craigslist, ebay, etc
>>
>>61032536
Also guitar shops. If they have a good used inventory. But try to play a few types of guitars so you know what you want. Know the difference between single coil, p90, humbucker sound, etc
>>
People also say squier classic vibe guitars are a great deal
>>
>>61031913

Its best if you know exactly what you want to be less shitty. Pickups? Bridge? Neck fit? Its possible that you can spend less to upgrade that strat than get a new guitar.
>>
>>61032536
>look for a used/discounted fender, MIM probably...
Yeah I suggested this.

>>61032442
MIM strats go for around 300-400. Some used American ones go for around 500 at the least.

>>61033524
Depends on whether the neck or the pickups are decent or not. Pickups are easy to replace, a shit quality neck you're just better off getting a new guitar.
>>
>>61034199
Aw shit I forgot.

Never buy new. Always buy used guitars. There is NO reason to buy a new/virgin guitar, waste of money desu. You want some nasty girl that's broken in.
>>
My advice is DO NOT under any circumstances stick to the Strat body or Fender name just because you learned on the same.

Actually go into a guitar store, state your budget, try out a few different styles, try various length of strap, find what's comfortable for you.

You could pick up a decent Mexican Fender strat for the budget you have and it will likely feel amazing to play when compared to what you are replacing but this is no criteria to base a decision on.

Forget sound or just copying someone you like if you don't have the kit to go with it. Go for comfort to play with just the slightest hint of how do I look while I am playing this if you plan to actually go live.
>>
>>61031913
Squire Classic Vibes!!! They are better than some american fenders I swear.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.