[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>that feel when you say to yourself "Fug, I'm like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
>that feel when you say to yourself "Fug, I'm like 71 years old and I have to get out there tonight and do Satisfaction and Jumping Jack Flash for the 563,902nd time. This must be what Hell is."
>>
If Hell equals being alive at 70+ despite doing drugs and everything else bad for you most of your life, and still making a shitload of money and selling out shows despite producing mediocre at best music for over 40 years, then sign me up.
>>
Didn't Keith say something like "If I'm still playing Satisfaction when I'm 40, please kill me"
>>
>>61028355
They could stop any time, but the money is great.
>>
>>61028418
this

/thread
>>
I think he wishes he could do something he actually finds interesting, unfortunately the Stones have become an albatross around his neck. Like Steven Tyler was working on a country album because I guess he got bored of doing Sweet Emotion for the 50,000th time.
>>
>have to
>>
>>61028441
And now he says we'll probably still be doing this when we're 80.
>>
JUMPIN JACK FLASH
IT'S A GAS GAS GAAAAAAS
>>
The Stones stopped being good after 1969 and just turned into biker/barroom rock.
>>
>>61028355
I sometimes wonder how musicians can enjoy playing the same songs every night on tour without changing their setlist up.

Muse are main offenders
>>
What a drag it is getting old...
>>
>>61028563
did you ever hear the song he did with Will.i.am?

it's like You Can Go Hard or You Can Go Home or something like that, but Jagger comes in and sings to close out the song and the man fucking dominates the track. It's incredible to hear him go at it.
>>
>>61028563
>Sir Mick has a beautiful dream where he makes a kvlt Dark Ambient record exclusively for Old Cafe Europa
>He wakes up sweating profusely
>wishes he was David Bowie
>>
>>61030227
They are not into music for music but rather the feeling it gives others and money.

If making a stupid face to a child brings them happiness and gives you millions of dollars, you would do it everyday
>>
>>61028418
>Stones
>mediocre at best

hello reddit!
>>
>>61030149
>implying exile isnt their best album
>>
I think Mick stopped caring about the Stones around 1980. It's just been about the $$$ since then. At least everything since the 88-89 tour when they definitively became entertainers rather than musicians.
>>
>>61030441
Ofc I think he can still bring it when it's something he's actually passionate about. I mean, Keith has done some blues/classical guitar jams recently that are really good despite people saying he can't play anymore because of his hands. His physical problems are definitely a factor, but I think boredom also drags him down as well. How can you still feel motivated to play Brown Sugar after decades of it. It must get sickening.
>>
>>61030544
it's been a while since Stones were really good, 40 years ago means 1975
>>
>>61031116
When did the Stones stop being good? Well, it depends on who you ask. Various people will say 1970, 1973, 78, 81.
>>
>>61030550
It's really not though. Exile along with Led Zeppelin's run paved the way for all of the overwrought, horrible 80s buttrock/cockrock/hair metal scene.
>>
>>61031820
Agreed tbf

Only a handful of good tracks on that album
>>
>>61031868
well you have to see it within the context of the stones, considering how they couldn't put together a cohesive album for the fucking life of them
>>
>>61031277
Some even say 1988 when they officially became a Greatest Hits act.
>>
>>61031820
>>61031868
Mick even said himself he doesn't understand what the obsession with EOMS is. He said it wasn't that good, it went on too long, was too monotonous, and lacked memorable songs.
>>
>>61031820
What would you say is their best?
>>
>>61032296
I guess most people would say they peaked on BB and Let It Bleed.
>>
Exile (or to say the Mick Taylor era) coincided with their peak as a live act. After he left, the Stones were never as powerful live again.
>>
>>61028418
i'm sure it's more money what satisfies Mick Jagger emotionally these days
>>
>>61032314
I wouldn't disagree, actually
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.