[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw i hate MIW and metalcore but im listening to it everyday
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7
File: 1449855213587.gif (1 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1449855213587.gif
1 MB, 500x281
>tfw i hate MIW and metalcore but im listening to it everyday and pretending im a huge fan to fit into a fans group of my country on twitter in order to getting girls to talk to

Dont judge me /mu/ i havent talked to anyone since last year when my only friend and girlfriend dump me
>>
You fucking faggot
>>
>tfw I like metalcore but don't talk to anyone or fit in anywhere
>>
>>61027521
how do i get into? Every song sounds the sams, i love bmth but that's it, i hate the sound, the cringe lyrics and repetitive clean vocals choruses, but i can't retreat now
>>
>>61027640
Try Heaven Shall Burn, Converge and Parkway Drive. You might like them, they are some of the better bands out there.
>>
File: mygiant.gif (176 KB, 264x282) Image search: [Google]
mygiant.gif
176 KB, 264x282
>>61027640
>>61027521
>>61027868
>>61027460
How's middle school, you disgusting fucking degenerates

don't listen to music so you can fit in or talk to sluts, listen to music for your own personal enjoyment

Also I feel sorry for you if you genuinely like metalcore
>>
>>61027868
What's wrong with early metalcore like Integrity, Cave In, Starkweather and Catharsis?
>>
>>61027941
shitty b8/10
>>61027980
Probably nothing, I haven't looked into early metalcore yet.
>>
>>61027460
weirdly enough this is what all the girls in my area like
shitty metalcore and drake
>>
>>61027460
congrats, you're the second person I've ever seen who actually likes MIW
>>
>>61028016
>he insults me so it's b8

there's some truth to the post either way
>>
>>61028086
I just assume all shitposting on /mu/ is ironic so I counter it with more ironic shitposting or ignore it. That crap deserves no attention.

Can you imagine someone talking like that? I am picturing a fat neckbeard with an unironic trilby throwing an autistic hissy fit, royally splashing me with his Cheetos and Doritos-inflused saliva as he delivers his insult of which he thinks it actually will affect my listening habits. The reaction picture doesn't help either; it's amplifies the already unbearable smugness. I doubt that person is over 22 years old and there is a hint of insecurity as well. If he is older, then his attitude here is beyond pathetic and the underlying cause must be something eating away at that person.
>>
>>61028179
nice blogpost

are you new here?
>>
>>61028252
I have been here since 2009 you fuckwad.
>>
>>61028270
>Can you imagine someone talking like that? I am picturing a fat neckbeard with an unironic trilby throwing an autistic hissy fit, royally splashing me with his Cheetos and Doritos-inflused saliva as he delivers his insult of which he thinks it actually will affect my listening habits. The reaction picture doesn't help either; it's amplifies the already unbearable smugness.

you seem a bit uptight and /reddit/ for someone who's known the way of things for 6 years
>>
>>61028311
You might want to picture seeing all of 4chan's culture go to shit before your very eyes over the years, then think of where that frustration might possibly be coming from.
>>
>>61028329
You should know that blowing your stack over criticism and a reaction picture won't get you anywhere. If you hate the culture of the boards so much, why are you even here? Ignore posts you don't like, and reply to the ones you do.

There's another website where the bad things go away and only the good opinions and thoughts are able to be seen at the top, you might like it better.
>>
>>61027460
>implying you need to share common music to get a girl
>implying any girl will trust you once you drop the charade and reveal that you've been pretending to like the same music to manipulate her into liking you
>implying that the better solution is to like whatever you like and be confident about it

enjoy being single forever, faggot.
>>
>>61028364
Yeah, truth be told, I should not be doing that, but I have anger issues. I actually prefer Reddit over 4chan since 2012. Whenever I say something stupid on Reddit, it sinks right to the bottom, some of which situations were eye openers for me. I guess this is another one of them.
>>
>>61028364
>>61028426
Oh, and why I'm here? Because Reddit doesn't discuss unpopular genres often. I can't get a proper chillwave discussion going there, because it doesn't really reach out to the relevant users.
>>
>>61028426
>Whenever I say something that the masses don't approve of on Reddit, it sinks right to the bottom

ftfy

It really depends on which subreddit but most of them are just echo chambers where you're not allowed to express your opinion if it's in anyway negative
>>
>>61028480
this

but 4chan is also an echo chamber

the sites are way more similar than people would like to think
>>
>>61028480
I've got to admit that is true. But in return, it does result in a more positive community most of the time.
>>61028507
This also.
>>
>>61028507
I have a much better chance of having actual discussion on 4chan then on reddit, but not on this board. /mu/ is turning into tumblr and there's too much shit to wade through now
>>
>>61028522
>more positive community

I guess if you like people handing out fake compliments for reddit jew gold. Go to r/mfa or something and look at all the cringe shit that gets praised there
>>
>>61028522
>a more positive community
the fact that you imply that this is an inherently good thing baffles me.

>>61028507
On 4chan, you get the same platform of speech as everyone else, echo chamber or not.You're allowed to have an unpopular opinion.
>>
>>61028580
Yeah. that is awful, but I only hang on music subreddits, in which the interaction is different. Genuine, constructive posts often get more praise than empty, cringy compliments.
>>61028592
Elaborate?
>>
>>61028605
Elaborate on which reply?
>>
>>61028605
Most of us can agree that ITAOTS is a good album right? Well I can tell you that it's garbage and you can't do anything about it, no downvotes here
>>
>>61028623
>a more positive community
>the fact that you imply that this is an inherently good thing baffles me.
This.
>>
>>61028592
on reddit, unpopular opinions get hidden by downvotes

on 4chan, unpopular opinions get met with a shit load of obnoxious memes and reaction images.

you cant tell me anyone can have a serious discussion about gender politics on a board like /v/. it's a huge hivemind, they just have a different way of silencing opinions
>>
>>61028635

look at
>>61028580

A positive community does not mean a genuine community. The voting system leads to censorship, which can eliminate the criticisms and opinions of anyone who doesn't agree with the majority.

"a more positive community" through the usage of a voting system eliminates meaningful discussion in favor of "nicer" discussion.
>>
what is MIW?
>>
>>61028703
>attempting to discuss gender politics on a board filled with man children obsessed with playing video games

Why the fuck are you trying to do that in the first place? First of all it's off topic and you'd get told to fuck off on any of the blue boards for trying to do that, and second it sounds like you're just trying to start shit with other people.
>>
>>61028778
thanks for proving my point friend
>>
>>61028804
>I'm upset because people get mad when I talk about politics on a video game board
>>
>>61028719
Ah, I see. Yeah, that is definitely the case with Reddit. I guess when it comes down to it, it's really all about which poison to pick, rather than claiming than one site and its mechanics are better than another's.
>>
>>61028831
I'm not mad, I said that 4chan can be an echo chamber and all you've done is prove my point.

/v/ complains all the time about "SJWs," "political correctness" and "censorship." If you disagree with anything they say you're met with obnoxious posts like yours.

Do you notice that your instant hostility at the idea of an opposing opinion is dripping with irony or did it trigger you too much for you to notice?
>>
File: rmusic.png (254 KB, 930x596) Image search: [Google]
rmusic.png
254 KB, 930x596
>>61028932
Stay away from this website if you don't know how to handle posts such as these.
>>
>>61028835
Absolutely, it's personal preference. I use both sites in different ways.
>>
>>61028982
You seem to have mistaken me for holding an actual opinion. All I said is that certain topics are met with obnoxious memes, hostility and shitposting. I gave you an example of a contradictory opinion that is silenced in this way. This is the equivalent of reddit's downvoting opinions they don't like. I didn't even say I held any of the opinions I brought up.

Yet, just he mere idea that I or someone else may hold that opinion has triggered you and filled you with rage. You're proving my point about the echo chamber here and, ironically, you're the only person who's getting upset about an opinion being shared. Maybe you need to take your own advice.
>>
>>61028932
>haha r u le triggered?!!!
Do you want to have an actual discussion or not?

>instant hostility at the idea of an opposing opinion
You can have whatever opinion you want, my issue is the fact that you are blatantly shitposting about a topic nobody wants or cares to talk about on a board that is 1. Notorious for anti-women r9k tier autism and 2. Completely unrelated to the topic you want to discuss. Obviously you're just trying to get people mad and I'm calling you out for it. If you don't like it then you are more then welcome to discuss the topic on reddit where you will most likely find several people who will agree with whatever you have to say.
>>
>>61029058
>Do you want to have an actual discussion or not?
You're the one who green texted me about being "upset." Jesus Christ, is the irony lost on you or are you just a retard?

>You can have whatever opinion you want, my issue is the fact that you are blatantly shitposting about a topic nobody wants or cares to talk about on a board that is 1. Notorious for anti-women r9k tier autism and 2. Completely unrelated to the topic you want to discuss. Obviously you're just trying to get people mad and I'm calling you out for it. If you don't like it then you are more then welcome to discuss the topic on reddit where you will most likely find several people who will agree with whatever you have to say.

So again, thanks for proving my point. It's a echo chamber board that doesn't want to hear a conflicting opinion. How is that any different from a subreddit downvoting opinions they don't like into oblivion? Seriously, think before you speak.

And for a board that "nobody cares" to talk about gender politics they sure fucking talk about gender politics a lot.

>Obviously you're just trying to get people mad and I'm calling you out for it. If you don't like it then you are more then welcome to discuss the topic on reddit where you will most likely find several people who will agree with whatever you have to say.

Again, I didn't even express my opinion on the matter, I just said that /v/ doesn't accept contradictory opinions about gender politics.. and it triggered you hard. I'm also not sure why you'd redirect me to reddit (another common tactic to silence differing opinions) when reddit is MRA/GG central.
>>
File: 1449546001194.png (108 KB, 346x286) Image search: [Google]
1449546001194.png
108 KB, 346x286
>>61029052
>>61028932
>triggered
>rage
>echo chamber= downvoting
>blogpposting

dude chill lmao
>>
>>61029152
lol
>>
>>61029178
>>61029188
>uh oh, I look like a retard. better shitpost!
>>
I dig MIW, but metalcore kind of sucks, generally
>>
>>61029152
>getting this mad because nobody wants to talk about sjws with you

why do you even come here lmao
>>
HAH miw. Throwback, £am. Between like 2011 and 2012 I saw them like four times somehow.
>>
>>61029152
this nigga mad as hell because /v/ doesn't agree with feminism șmh fäm lmaoooo
>>
File: ACME.png (328 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
ACME.png
328 KB, 500x500
>>61027941
>what is 90's metalcore
honestly metalcore is shit nowadays outside couple of bands like Oathbreaker and Converge.
But there are a lot of gems from the early days of the genre, back when it was still called: 'metallic hardcore'.
Check out pic related fag
>>
File: well memed friend.jpg (61 KB, 325x325) Image search: [Google]
well memed friend.jpg
61 KB, 325x325
>>61029207
>>
>>61029152
>>61029052
Well, looks like it's time to end this conversation. You got me. I was wrong in the end, man and I triggered, I'm raging so hard right now. I'm going back to my echo chamber to downvote opinions with my own opinion, smell you later.
>>
>>61029259
downboated
>>
>>61029207
>>61029239
>>61029188
>>61029178
>all this samefagging
>>
File: shrugarino.png (20 KB, 560x407) Image search: [Google]
shrugarino.png
20 KB, 560x407
>>61029265
darn
>>
>>61029259
DAMAGE CONTROL
>>
>>61029259
Not the guy you're arguing with, but what opinions have you shared in this thread other than U MAD /B/RO and telling people not to discuss things on 4chan?
>>
>>61029343

>>61028623
>>61028719
>>61028086
>>61028311
>>61028364
>>61028592

all of these.
>>
>>61029387
thats not even the person you were arguing with but okay

fuck this thread is cancer, im out
>>
>>61028179
>You have to prentent to like music, which you don't like.
>Otherwise you're a fat loser.
sure m8
>>
>>61029509
>prentent
If you going to make retarded implications, then at least spell them right.
>>
>>61029689
>retarded implications
but that's exactly what you said, you pathetic fuck.
>>
>>61028016
Admittedly, early metalcore is fine.
>>
While She Sleeps
>>
>>61029780
Nowhere did I imply you NEED to like pretend to like music you don't. How fucking dense are you? The only one who is pathetic here is you for pulling a strawman.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.