[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/BeatlesGeneral/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5
File: beatles-08.jpg (185 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
beatles-08.jpg
185 KB, 1024x768
WE HD NOW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCtzkaL2t_Y
>>
How much poon do you think they got?
>>
>>61024086
an amount that people nowadays probably can't comprehend.
>>
>>61024053
this video looks fucking WEIRD after watching it in bootleg quality for so long
>>
Paul is a sexy fucker in this.

Seeing Lennon's fillings is disorientating.
>>
>>61024160
I noticed that too, like holy shit.

Like >>61024128 I've been watching the rooftop concert in shitty quality since I was a child. I have been wanting this for so long. They better fucking post One After 909 and I've Got A Feeling aswell.
>>
neat video m80 even though john was a cunt in his life i really enjoy seeing him in this performance he seems to be enjoying it a lot.
>>
>>61024201
Clarification, I was talking about noticing John's dental work.

Paul is indeed a sexy fucker as well though.
>>
>>61024209
He wasn't nearly as much of a cunt as the tumblrettes have been pushing. He was a bit of an ass when he was younger but in his later years by all accounts he was really chill and aware of how awful he used to be.
>>
>>61024230
Yeah. Most people are awful when they're young tbqh. It's just some grow up and stop being and some stay awful.
>>
>>61024053
If you want to see all of their videos in full HD, look up the torrent for the 1+ bluray rip, the 2 discs are 65 gb, it's absolutely worth it
>>
slightly out of sync editing, but obviously the best restoration of the 'get back' doc footage.

it would be cool to have an unedited full rooftop concert. i don't even care about the let it be/get back doc, just want the rooftop unedited in hd.
>>
>>61024516
Do they have any of the other rooftop performances?
>>
>>61024053

their shoes look olden days
>>
>>61024868
George is just wearing converse.
>>
>>61024053
lol it doesn't look/sound like john is actually playing his guitar
>>
>>61024053
the electric piano is so nice
comfiest Beatles tune ever
>>
>>61026719
maybe not the comfiest, on 2nd thought, the refrain is kinda harsh and heavy if you take it to heart. Honey Pie might be the comfiest.
>>
>>61024526
just the 20 minute cut at the end of the let it be movie that has all the reactions from the street in between songs, and ends with john's "passed the audition" quote
>>
File: FenderRhodesPictures018.jpg (107 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
FenderRhodesPictures018.jpg
107 KB, 1024x768
>>61026719
that billy preston playing... also an early use of the rhodes, around the same time period as when miles davis was first getting into the electric piano sounds in his band
>>
>>61024213
>>61024201
>>61024128
that is something it would have been impossible to notice before the restoration unless you were watching on like a huge theater screen
>>
>>61026767
Is it on In A Silent Way?
>>
>>61024820
Yes: Get Back and Don't Let Me Down
>>
>>61026814
same year
>>
>>61026767
share more of your beatle knowledge senpai please!

are there demos of the rooftop concert? (posting this before i google hehe)
>>
>>61026852
Not him, but the official recordings of I've Got A Feeling, One After 909 and Dig A Pony on Let It Be are taken straight from the rooftop concert if that's what you mean.
>>
>>61024053
we grain now
>>
>>61026746
The reactions are pretty cool but I hate that they cut away during all of George's guitar solos. Luckily based on this vid it seems like they still have access to the film of the camera angles that weren't used in the cut of the Let It Be movie so maybe they still have that unused footage somewhere.
>>
>>61026936
ok so obviously in this video they dub it with a higher quality recording, have they released any like studio sessions or demos of this song?
>>
>>61027021
As far as I can tell the video is using the real audio from the performance, though it seems like there's some weird editing stuff going on since they skipped the part where Lennon flubs the lyrics.

But yeah for Don't Let Me Down they have the single version which you can find on Past Masters Vol. 2 and they have another one on Let It Be Naked.
>>
>>61027141
Correction, I just checked and the Let It Be Naked version is actually just the rooftop recording from the video. You could probably find plenty of unreleased demos online though, they fucking recorded everything during the Let It Be sessions.
>>
>>61024053
Okay there is definitely some weird voodoo shit going down at 2:03. That's when he's supposed to fuck up the lyrics and you can even see Paul and George laughing at it when they cut to them but the actual shot of him singing it sounds and looks correct.

I guess they used footage from a different take (since I'm pretty sure they played Don't Let Me Down twice) and just spliced it there for some reason even though him messing it up is a classic Beatles moment but whatever.
>>
>>61027355
>>61027207
>>61027141
>>61026852
>>61026936
they played most of the songs on the rooftop multiple times, which they where recording onto tape machines in the basement. the final album versions were edited together from those different live takes. the versions in the op video and in the 1 boxsets are new remasters of the album versions done this year by giles martin
with modern mastering so you get deep bass, no shitty stereo panning, and good clarity on the different instruments in all the tracks included, like this one-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rblYSKz_VnI
>>
HD RE-RELEASE OF ALL 11 HOURS OF THE BEATLES ANTHOLOGY WHEN
>>
>>61027494
They definetely have the budget to do it
>>
>>61027506
Do they?

The 1+ release is really the first big thing for The Beatles since re:masters and The Beatles: Rock Band from 6 years ago. It's not like they're getting all that much money from licencing either since no one wants to pay 200,000 dollars to use 40 seconds of a Beatles song in their TV show.
>>
>>61027628
*250,000 dollars, my mistake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLLL9DKpUa4
>>
>>61027628
if any band has the budget and resources and professionals willing to source old film stock and audio tape and restore and clean each frame and bit of audio to modern hd quality, it'd be them
>>
WHO CARES

LET IT BE SUCKS
>>
Does anyone know why they cut the opening "All I want is..." from the studio version of Dig A Pony.
>>
Carnival of Light when?
>>
>>61027628
TV isn't the only industry that licenses music m8.
>>
>>61029210
Dunno, it was fine by me

>>61029235
Uncut Helter Skelter when?
>>
>>61024053

WHERE IS THE BLACK BEETLE, I DEMAND TO SEE THE BLACK BEETLE IN HD
>>
>>61029873
at 1:02
>>
File: Roach.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Roach.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>61029920

Haha wtf why are the cops only near him?
>>
>>61024053
incredible mastery of two chords there, genius
>>
>>61030048

They're waiting after the concert to assault and arrest him obviously
>>
>>61027434
it's a cryptic sign from god, give me a recording deal
>>
>>61030155
I know you're being a cheeky cunt, but honestly I think that just goes to show how impressive they were as songwriters that they can make such a simple song so expressive and colorful.
>>
god since I've only seen the shit quality version of this I've never been able to notice how stupid those sideburns look.

Paul looks more glorious than ever though.
>>
>tfw I still don't have my 1+ copy
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-rB0pHI9fU

this looks pretty fucking good, y'all.
>>
>>61029210
Pretty sure that was Phil Spector's decision. And Paul must have agreed with it because it doesn't appear in the Naked mix either.

>>61027021
>have they released any like studio sessions or demos of this song?
The Get Back sessions were EXTENSIVELY bootlegged and you can find nearly every iteration of each album track since the documentary cameras were rolling almost non-stop throughout all 30 days.

The release "A/B Road" by Purple Chick is 80-something discs and is the most complete collection of Get Back session recordings there is. There's also plenty of smaller releases that include only the most interesting takes and some edit pieces.
>>
>>61031132
Penny Lane seriously has one of the best melodies ever. Paul is god.
>>
>>61024053
looks like they copied the naked brothers band
>>
>>61024230
yeah i bet once they got into psychedelics they got pretty chill
>>
>>61024053
I still think it's weird that in that video all of them but Ringo are still in their late 20's.
>>
>>61031346
woah
>>
File: kanye-west_U3vUa.jpg (2 MB, 2148x3000) Image search: [Google]
kanye-west_U3vUa.jpg
2 MB, 2148x3000
>>61029873
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.