[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /mu/ feel about Congratulations? What about MGMT as a whole?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: index.jpg (15 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
15 KB, 225x225
How does /mu/ feel about Congratulations? What about MGMT as a whole?
>>
>Congrats
8/10 psych album
>MGMT as a whole
Decent band, not my favorite but nice.
>>
Liked it when it came out, got over it eventually.
>>
SCOOBS
>>
>>61020357
>Congratulations
great album, but i prefer their self titled...it's stayed appealing to me way longer.

MGMT as a whole? they are fucking great. one of the best bands around for sure and they really changed shit in 2008
>>
It's one of the few albums I come back to. I've been listening to it since 8th grade and I'm a sophomore in college. Hehe
>>
>>61020581
Pretty much same here. MGMT is one of few bands who are pretty well known and have even had radio hits but their music is still pretty good. Ive gone a lot further into psychedelic music and MGMT is nowhere near the best but Congratulations is still a solid album I'll listen to once or twice a year. Also the s/t is good despite what people say.
>>
>>61020357
its pretty good reminds me of early swans
>>
>>61020357
why bother with them when you have Animal collective and tame impala?
>>
>>61020357
OS-7
Metanoia-8
Congrats-8.5
s/t-7

fact
>>
File: Astro.jpg (82 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
Astro.jpg
82 KB, 480x480
>>61020357
Astro is the superior choice. Not bad though, their music always makes me nostalgic
>>
>>61020357
best psych album of the decade so far i m o
their other albums are nice too
>>
File: 1280x1280[1].jpg (161 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
1280x1280[1].jpg
161 KB, 1280x1280
>>61023526
>superior choice
what choice m8 nobody asked what bands are better than mgmt, but yeah those guys look way superior! really original album art there!!

anyway yeah OP congrats is my fav mgmt album, really the only song i dont care for on it is i found a whistle, other than that it is a really complete album and all of the tracks on it really fit together well, very psychedelic. i like their first album too but i dont care much for the three radio hits on it, the rest are bretty gud. i used to be way more into them but over the years i have just overplayed them. even climbing to new lows has a couple gems on it. their s/t is also not too bad, but overall i just wasnt feeling it that much! i like the songs alien days, orphan of fortune, and mystery disease. i was pretty hype for that album and i like mgmt a lot as individuals, cant help but to respect them and support them with whatever they do, even though that band that james and will play in (kuroma) kind of sucks!

sorry for tldr, it was nostalgia induced, i am pretty fond of this band.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNFMlGIqlTg
>>
>>61021901
Completely different vibes?

Congrats is better than everything Tame Impala has done, man.
>>
>>61023526
Astro are anco ripoffs, at least MGMT sounds sufficiently different.
>>
>>61023849
Maybe thematically, but sonically they sound very different as shown on Astro's album from this year
>>
>>61023526
literally who

>>61021901
currents was pretty fucking bad, album artwork is the best thing about that album. i really do not like the direction tame impala is going.
anco hasnt really put out anything spectacular as of recent either, but i am still looking forward to their new album. i havent listened to the samples so idk what it will sound like, i hope it wont all sound like the single they put out recently.
>>
Dude, Scooby Doo Chase Music LMAO
>>
File: wideopenarms.png (27 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
wideopenarms.png
27 KB, 500x500
>>61020357
I think OS and their self titled are decent but I think Congratulations is an amazing album, and even though in general people are fond of Congratulations I think it is underrated and deserves even more praise.
>>
MGMT s/t is the definition of tryhard
>>
I think their best album was their first Tbh
>>
>>61021901
i don't know, why bother with other bands when you can listen to the beatles?
>>
>>61024492
you are literally an autistic loser. a clueless bitch with no friends. these posts are laughably bad and evidence of a deeply fucked up heart and soul. i unironically, without a single shred of hyperbole pity every single person who is forced to interact with you on a daily basis. you're a miserable motherfucker.
>>
File: oracular.jpg (28 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
oracular.jpg
28 KB, 400x400
>>61025094
This. Congratulations was great, s/t was okay, but OS stands out as an all-time favorite album of mine. It's one of those albums where I absolutely adore every single song, especially
>of moons, birds and monsters
>future reflections
Like I said I love literally all the tracks on here, but these 2 in particular I feel are unmatched in their discography
>>
I like this album, maybe not as much as their first, but I still really like it. It's one of the better modern takes on psychedelic rock from the 60's.
I had a big MGMT phase when I was in highschool. I saw them live andnhad a blast, just really good and fun music. Pumped for new stuff soon I hope.
>>
>>61027401
Is it just me or is Future Reflections one of the best closers ever?
>>
>>61021901
Because we aren't at a frat beach party
>>
They filmed Kids near my house.

Also the song makes me nostalgic as fuck, can hardly listen to it 2bh.
>>
>>61027794
Nah it's not just you man this song I listened to constantly throughout college and loved every second
>>
>>61027401
>of moons, birds and monsters
mah nicca, stellar song
>>
>>61028988
If you think Anco and Tame are frat party picks, u have clearly never been to college.
>>
>>61027401
>THE GUITAR AT THE END OF OF MOONS, BIRDS AND MONSTERS
>>
I've only listened to Oracular Spectacular and it wasn't all that Spectacular. Are they worth delving into?
>>
>>61031689
Congrats is goat. Try it.
>>
BY far favorit band

Check out their older stuff

Destrokk, Indie Rockers, Boogie Down
>>
>>61031587
um i have, and they are total fucking frat picks.
>>
>>61020357
MGMT may be the comfiest band of all time

They were my shit back in 8th grade, I'll have to go back and listen to em again
>>
I think Congratulations is fantastic. Saw them live shortly after they came out with s/t and they were pretty good. Siberian Breaks is better than anything on Pet Sounds.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.