[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Triple J's Hottest 100 - voting now open
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
It's that time of the year again, /mu/.

What are you voting for?

http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/hottest100/15/
>>
I voted for Young Thug - Constantly Hating and Jamie XX - Good Times (ft. Young Thug)
>>
>Julia Holter actually has two songs on the shortlist
Since when did they start playing her music?
>>
My picks.
>>
>>61020529
they play her to death on Double J m8
>>
>>61020529
Never heard of her.
>>
>>61020771
Then what the fuck are you doing here
>>
>>61020712
to be fair, Double J is a somewhat more patrician version of Triple J
>>
>>61020820
Double J is music for avant 30 year olds and Triple J is music for sub100 IQ uni students and tradies
>>
Big Sean's Blessings and Young Thug's Constantly Hating are both on the shortlist, we should vote for them. I'm surprised DG isn't on the shortlist, IIRC Billy Not Really and Black Quarterback were on last year's shortlist. We could still write them in though.
>>
if the libs are going to defund anything it should be this station
>>
>no joanna newsom
>no death grips
>blackstar isn't there
>like 20 tame impala songs
this shortlist kinda sucks f a m
>>
>>61020951
>no joanna newsom
Sapokanikan and Leaving the City are both on there
>>
>>61020938
I agree. Especially after listening to Matt and Alex in the morning.

Holy fucking shit, those two cunts are terrible. I can't believe my money is going to those two poofters. Atrocious shit.
>>
>>61020971
what really irks me is that it's built up this layer of pretentiousness around all the music it plays when in reality it's not far removed from any top 40 fm radio station

then it's monopoly over anything considered remotely 'independent' leads to 1000 acts that sound exactly the same because they want to please richard kingsmill
>>
>>61021145
I don't even see what is so special about Richard Kingsmill. From what I can gather from listening to his 2015 program, he seems like a shit cunt that has no taste in music.
>>
>>61021263
this is a good read about the whole business

http://polaroidsofandroids.com/articles/triple-j-unearthed-and-the-great-monopolisation-of/6224.html
>>
Going off the songs present on there:
Julia Holter - Feel You
Arca - Vanity
Neon Indian - Slumlord
Blanck Mass - Dead Format
Sufjan Stevens - All Of Me Wants All Of You
SOPHIE - Just Like We Never Said Goodbye
Battles - FF Bada
Dan Deacon - When I Was Done Dying
Floating Points - Silhouettes
Nosaj Thing - Don't Mind Me {Ft. Whoarei}
Still need to add all of the memes onto my list.
>>
>no doomtree at all
>no suffy's 4th of July
shitty list.
>Speedy ortiz
>lapalux
less shit than previously estimated but still shit.
>>
>>61021309
Thanks a lot. This looks really interesting. I will definitely give it a read.
>>
>tfw jjj finally started playing drake this year

only 5 years behind the times
>>
FBi > triple j unearthed > double j > triple j
>>
>>61021663
this year was also officially the first year for swpl faggots in melbourne to start liking black meme music instead of exclusively indie though
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.