[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: pink_floyd_wish_you_were_here.jpg (1 MB, 1984x1984) Image search: [Google]
pink_floyd_wish_you_were_here.jpg
1 MB, 1984x1984
Thoughts?
>>
Middle tier release. It's kind of overrated compared to everything else.
>>
>>61014752
Why?
>>
8/10. Pink Floyd's third best album.
>>
Overrated in the sense that it often gets called "better than Dark Side of the Moon," but it's pretty damn close t b h. 10/10 release, much like most of the stuff they were releasing at the time.

What's your favorite floyd album, OP?
>>
>>61014776
I don't like the second side very much.
>>
>>61014846
But it has the best track from the whole album on it... Shine On Part 8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptffBdPClwU
>>
>>61014826
This or Animals. They're both very great.
>>
>>61014719
What album is this?
>>
>>61014901
Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd
>>
File: bobby hill.png (1 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
bobby hill.png
1 MB, 1080x1920
>>61014868
I'll be honest, I've always picked Echoes or AHM over Shine On as my favorite 20+ track
>>
>>61014954
OK, but dig this, Shine On is basically both those tracks mashed together, synthesizing the superior track
>>
>>61015009
I enjoy Echoes for its atmosphere more than anything. The second side of Shine On doesn't do anything for me, it doesn't add very much
>>
>>61014954
Meddle reality: side 1 is kind of underwhelming, if you compare it with side 2, simply because side 2 destroys side 1 in every way possible.

AHM: applies the same
>>
>>61015045
Its literally the final goodbye and nail in the coffin for their friend syd barrett, i think it closes the album perfectly, and then theres that little nod to see emily play, its great. it also again has the best jam section shine on part 8, which is far and away more interesting structurally than the one in echoes or the funky dung section from AHM.
>>
>>61015111
Shine On You Crazy Diamond has fantastic production as well, the lyrics are blunt and to the poin, but sound like a genuine plea to a lost friend, every part of the song is structurally different showcasing the skills and songwriting ability of each member. Great track.
>>
>>61014719
Very overrated ,Atom Heart Mother is WAY BETTER
>>
>>61015194
i like the funeral march section because it reminds me of what they were trying to accomplish with saucerful of secrets, like paying homage to the fallen, etc, rock dirge
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.