[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Give me at least one good reason why this band is good.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
>>
Talent
>>
File: TheBeatles68LP.jpg (30 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
TheBeatles68LP.jpg
30 KB, 720x720
>>
Influenced lots of other great musicians like Daniel Johnston and Fiona Apple.
>>
probably Ringo Be Chillin
>>
>>61006303
Ringo
>>
They did a lot of good pop songs.
>>
>>61006308
Bob Dylan has talent too, and his music is shit.
>>
beach boys is better ;~]
>>
>>61006303
They pioneered memerock and meme-core in general
>>
>>61006377
Mah niggah!

>>61006428
That may or may not be true, but they also invented punk rock!

Oh, you don't think being hopped up on speed and beer, wearing toilet seats around your neck, playing for six hours on end for nothing but a dirty bed and an even dirtier blanket in the red light district of Hamburg, Germany, and playing nothing but strip clubs and sailor bars isn't punk as fuck? FUCK YOU! THAT'S MORE PUNK THAT YOU'LL EVER HOPE TO BE, FAGGOT!
>>
File: 1448577892486.gif (970 KB, 375x280) Image search: [Google]
1448577892486.gif
970 KB, 375x280
>>61006303
More than their actual musical output, I think it was what they represented that draws them fans even today. The sixties would've been unimaginable without them. They were the first proper musical super group. Plus they were all immensely talented individual musicians (except Ringo perhaps lol.)
>>
Ticket to Ride
>>
File: ynot.png (324 KB, 608x701) Image search: [Google]
ynot.png
324 KB, 608x701
>>
>>61006762
>implying The Kinks didn't invent punk rock
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTTsY-oz6Go
>>
If you have to ask, you'll never know.
>>
I sometimes wish the beatles weren't as popular so you could actually have a normal discussion about them.

talking about them the same way we talk about other 60s psych pop/rock bands instead of "the fact that" would be refreshing
>>
>>61007155
punk rock never was a sound.
>>
>>61008231
Well you can find hundreds of essays on them. Both criticism and praise
>>
>>61009540
Oh yeah? Well this is the music board, and if you aren't ready to talk music in this thread feel free to take a hike.
>>
They built up a huge fanbase making shitty songs and then trolled everyone by going on to make good songs. The ABSOLUTE MADMEN!
>>
>>61006401
OK bud
>>
>>61009799
I'm serious. And my favourite artist is David Bowie.
>>
>>61009998

Hello reddit
>>
>>61006303
scaruffi pls go
>>
>>61006303
Sgt. Pepper's
T-that's all
>>
>>61006303
It's cool to dislike the Beatles. I'm so old damn.
>>
>>61010075
How is that reddit.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.