[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lets have a serious discussion on why some artists don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (46 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
46 KB, 1280x720
Lets have a serious discussion on why some artists don't make it big. Why do you think some pop and some don't? Is the normie argument "If its good I'll hear it" true? How do you stand out in this day and age?
>>
>luck
>connections
>mass appeal
>talent

a combination of those
>>
>>61006199
you just need to sleep with the right people
>>
>>61006229
jeremih fucked beyonce and sold 7k so .
>>
you need to market yourself well or find people who will do it for you
>>
>>61006266
But does that mean that a group like cLOUDDEAD could make it big if they had really good marketing? Or would their sound be considered un-marketable?
>>
There isn't a general formula or set of criteria that you can fulfil. Each case of an artist 'making it big' is down to unique causes.
It's easier to explain why artist's don't make it big - with cLOUDDEAD that seems a bit obvious, as their music makes almost no fucking sense and is too difficult to vibe with mass appeal as a result.
>>
>>61006498
depends on what you think is big. i think they could be sorta big in the indie p4k world
>>
Don't forget that radio is the main way that most people consume music. The only thing that the advent of the internet has changed in this respect is what we call "radio." With curated spotify playlists, pandora, online and satellite radio, or listening to friends' playlists, people just don't want to spend time looking for new music when they can have single tracks selected for them by other people. This means that to be successful, you have to create radio ready music. You have to create shortish, catchy music.
>>
Marc Maron has a funny joke about this.
>you know those kernels that didn't pop those are the ones with integrity.
>>
>>61006498
They couldn't have. I love cLOUDDEAD but it's incredibly niche music they were making at the time.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.