[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why doesnt /mu/ ever talk about how important DJ Screw was?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: screw.jpg (135 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
screw.jpg
135 KB, 500x375
wassup with that? any S.U.C. fans here?
>>
>>61005227

me

heard like 50 of his tapes and they're all great

i think people on here just don't know about him or care to listen to him beyond ASU or 3ndM cause they don't know how consistent he was
>>
DJ Screw wans't that important.

He wasn't important at all, to be honestly frank.
>>
>>61005318

he put so many people on though, if not all of Houston at the time

he was like a trippy hood radio station
>>
>>61005318

then why do people still make chopped and screwed tapes then?
>>
>>61005318
>not important

what the fuck u basing that on?! the guy was both prolific and a pioneer of a whole style or genre or whatever u want to call it. if u cant recognise that makes him important theres no hope for u homie. people call houston 'screwston', if that aint influential i dont know what is.
>>
>>61005291
i much prefer his dj mixes or whatever you call them, where random suc dudes are just hanging out at screw's place freestyling and shooting the shit. i've heard maybe 30 of the tapes but i wanna listen to em all eventually, ridiculously solid discography
>>
favourite screw tapes?

wineberry over gold gotta be one of my all time favourites
>>
>>61005433

yeah no drank and 10 deep are classics for those freestyles

>>61005441

Da Funk Is In Your Mind, Endonesia, 10 Deep, Hard Times, and the red remix version of 3 N Da Mornin come immediately to mind
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwH4bjxNugc
>>
>>61005508
some great tapes u mentioned there.
>>
>>61005433
>>61005508

june 27th, lock in and zone out
>>
>>61005441
i began digging deep into screw's discography when this article came out, surprisingly good stuff for being a complex article haha
http://www.complex.com/music/2013/11/dj-screw-10-best-mixtapes/
my favourites from that list are wineberry over gold, june 27, southside holdin and southside still holdin
and aside from those, i love barre, thangs done changed and mind over matter

>>61005508
>the red remix version of 3 N Da Mornin
man that album holds a special place in my heart
i had no idea it existed until i randomly found it on spotify on a flight from new york to stockholm. listening to it in the middle of the night 30000 ft over the atlantic while everyone else on the entire plane was sleeping will always be a fond music-related memory of mine
>>
File: screw.jpg (213 KB, 425x294) Image search: [Google]
screw.jpg
213 KB, 425x294
houston in the late 90's was one of the best times for hip-hop mostly because of him
his mix of Rollerskates by Steel Pulse is my go-to feel good jam
>>
cause they don't know shit about hip hop
>>
>tfw i've listened to everything i've found by him at least once

Screw means a lot to me. A day can be made instantly better by throwing a screw tape on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbTvKTIW0ZQ
>>
https://youtu.be/l0xTQNm1EuQ
>>
without screw we wouldn't have vapor waves
>>
bump

because /mu/ doesn't like expanding their horizons

Codeine Fiend is GOAT screw tape btw
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.