[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats are the best nick cave and bad seeds album or songs? i
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: nickcave-002.jpg (58 KB, 620x399) Image search: [Google]
nickcave-002.jpg
58 KB, 620x399
Whats are the best nick cave and bad seeds album or songs? i really like grinderman but can't seem to figure the bad seeds out.
>>
Let Love In is pretty good. Red Right Hand is a great track
>>
>>60998806
Which one is the bad seed?
>>
>>60998838
what a bad attempt to be funny.
>>
>>60998806
If you like grinderman, Let Love In or Dig Lazarus Dig, the latter especially, it was recorded around the same time, and a lot of the tracks (Title Track, Today's Lesson, Albert Goes West, We Call Upon The Author) are pretty much grinderman songs
>>
File: voqoa.jpg (63 KB, 620x399) Image search: [Google]
voqoa.jpg
63 KB, 620x399
>>60998806
>>
>>60999055
better
>>
>>60999055
I HAD SOME DUBS JOE AND YOU CHECKED EM
>>
>>60998806
holy shit elias bender even tries to look like him
>>
>>60998832
Red Right Hand is almost impossibly overrated. There are dozens of amazing and incredible Nick Cave songs, and people have to love the boring shit sandwich that is RRH. I will never understand this.

For fuck sakes, Lay Me Low is on that fucking album. LAY ME FUCKING LOW. What a fucking statement.
>>
>>60998806

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nbe5RERDh4k
>>
>>60999101
Lay Me Low is such a fucking killer track, especially the
IF YA WANNA BE MY FRIEND AND YA WANNA REPENT AND YA WANT IT ALL TO END AND YA WANNA KNOW WHEN
>>
>>60999128
Yeah I love that part. My favorite though is

They'll bang a big old gong (Lay me low)

The motorcade will be TEN MILES LONG
>>
>>60999128
>>60999197
op here
tremendous fucking song. need more
>>
>>60999197
His whole attitude on the track is infectious.
>>
>>60999265
Glad you enjoyed it. If you listened to the studio version, I'm happy to tell you that the live version off the Abattior Blues Tour double live album is way better, but unfortunately is the only live version (official or bootlegged) I can find.

The difficult thing for me about reccing Cave stuff is that all my favorite tracks are spread over about 12 albums and 2 bands (Bad Seeds and Birthday Party). There's no one definitive album I can recommend that will capture everything I love about him. Junkyard, Murder Ballads, Let Love In, Lyre of Orpheus, Push the Sky Away, Your Funeral..., they all have gems, but none are definitively the best all the way through. If you have the patience, listen to a few of the albums I just listed, take your favorite, and explore other albums chronologically near to it.

Also, if you have the chance, see the crazy bastard live. Saw him for the first time in 2014, and it was easily top 3 shows I saw that year. He gives off this aura of satanic, hedonistic southern revivalist teacher. It's electrifying.
>>
Birthday Party>NC& the Bad Seeds>Boys Next Door>Grinderman
>>
>>60998806
don't bother, overrated
>>
>>60998806
Good Son by courtesy of Piero "Familia" Scaruffi
>>
>>60999101
personally I dig the title track the most
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.