[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has this aged poorly?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 295x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 295x300
Has this aged poorly?
>>
>>60997729
yes, but not as bad as most dance music from that era
>>
Definitely not as bad as his drill n bass shit.
>>
Still sounds beautiful today the only track that might have aged poorly is Green Calx
>>
>>60997774
Everyone always hates on that song and idk why. It's just a bit too long.

Delphium or whatever has aged terribly and is overall horrible. Heliospan sounds a bit dated, but is still fantastic
>>
not really.
>>
>>60997729
I think Xtal still sounds fresh as ever
>>
>>60997729
yes. its important to note that that doesnt mean there was bad or that every album should feel present. it is a historical album. forever associated with a time typed right on its cover. its becomes every 13 year olds view on early 90s cool electronic music. its the artist every youngster hears and realizes is something cool and interesting but doesnt develop a sense of historical or musical importance ttil much later. you like it just as much at 21 as you did at 13. its forever associated with a time because it defines that time. but it also builds associations with times in our lives.
>>
>not learning to appreciate things as products of their time
>>
>>60997729
How much do you want to bet that people will be saying that about today's new critically acclaimed albums 20 years from now.
>>
>>60998563
It's a sad, sad cycle of life, anon.
>>
>>60997852
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eXgboNRqQE Hedphelym too
>>
>>60997743
Seriously, if you think this sounds dated compare it to like, Moby's ambient record.
>>
>>60998563
It's funny, I feel like people said this record "aged poorly" in the late 90s and everyone was really into volume 2. then volume 1 became the cool one and now it switched back again. Being old as shit is fucking tight.
>>
I guess? It's definitely one of his more simple releases when you look at it. It was more interesting at the time it was made, for sure.
>>
theres stuff thats aged much worse from the genre
>>
>>60997729
Not at all.
>>
very much so, yes
>>
What a stupid fucking question OP. Everything ages, its not as if it has transcended time magically and is new everyday.

The question is if it has aged well, and yes, it has
>>
No you piece of shit fuck off and die.
>>
>>60997729
The least aged tracks are Xtal, Ageispolis, Tha and maybe Heliosphan. The most aged ones are Schottkey 7th Path, Delphium, and Pulsewidth.
Still a 9/10 tho
>>
>>61001264
>pulsewidth
>aged poorly
Nah mate pulsewidth is one of the best tracks on that thing
>>
>>61001142

The fact that people still talk about it when 99.9999% of electronic music from that era has been completely forgotten proves your point.
>>
>>61001719
I have a sad/good amount of electronic music from that era.
Goa / oldschool trance, Balearic chillout, vocal house the list goes on really.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.