[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post an album you like and 3 reasons why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7
File: Green_Day_-_Nimrod_cover.jpg (48 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Green_Day_-_Nimrod_cover.jpg
48 KB, 300x300
1. I like how they experimented with this album and tried new things which worked out well
2. Some of the guitar riffs are brilliant
3. The songs go from fun and bouncy to hard and serious very quickly
>>
Is this you, OP?
>>60992747
>>
>>60992766
>Liking Green Day
Kill yourself my man
>>
>>60992781

No.

Do agree with him on Raditude though, that album was shit.
>>
>>60992783

Nah, I don't care if it's "shit-tier taste". It's my shit taste and I love it :)
>>
>>60992799
holy lel
>>
File: portishead-third.jpg (103 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
portishead-third.jpg
103 KB, 600x600
1. They realised trip-hop was dead but kept the best elements from it instead of trying to revive a dead genre

2. The abrasiveness throughout the album is exciting, like the beat on Machine Gun, sax solo in Magic Doors, guitar on We Carry On

3. Beth still sounds amazing
>>
>>60992820
>:)
>tier
I see that you have come here from either /b/, /v/ or reddit. Please fuck off back to which ever of these you came from and stopp shitting up this board with your high-school core pop music
>>
1. Was so much of a diferent album than the other two previous, experimenting mostly with psychedelic tunes.

2. You can get throughout the album the sensation of a good story, the changes made during a cultural movement, all this through a series of songs that redefine not only the musical scene back in the 70's in argentina but also amazingly played with a big musical habilities.

3. The artwork is pretty cool
>>
File: cover.jpg (153 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
153 KB, 600x600
1. Really does sound like the future
2. Top tier pop song-writng interspersed with experimental song structures
3. As fresh and original as it was 42 years ago
>>
File: 4807630[1].jpg (42 KB, 296x300) Image search: [Google]
4807630[1].jpg
42 KB, 296x300
1. The tight, loud, well-orchestrated production and instrumentation successfully create the uplifting backdrop that holds this album together
2. An eclectic, racially diverse range of some of United States' finest singers, joining together to vocalize what is some of the most moving lyrical content in the history of modern music
3. Only cost me $5.00 at Walmart™
>>
1. It's very honest, at times brutal but a sincere and meaningful album
2: His guitar playing holy shit
3: Has a spiraling atmosphere, mellow moments are few but the vibe is oddly comfy.
>>
>>60992783
>>60992869
Both of you fuck off, if you don't like a thread or don't want to discuss music, don't go to the thread. You probably think that people like some band you don't like is what's ruining this board when really it's people like you who don't want to have legitimate musical discussions.

People can have what ever musical opinions they want, shit posting like this won't change their minds, and why do you even care at all. You listen to what you want to listen to, and then OP, me, and anyone else can listen to what they want to listen to.
>>
>>60994108
Where do you think you are, lad? Is it your first time here or something?
>>
>>60994155
>"this is 4chan, so we're supposed to be shitheads

I'm just sick of the constant shitposting, if you don't like someone's tastes then who gives a shit.
>>
>>60994155
He still has a point tho. /mu/ would be a much better place if people wouldn't constantly spout meme shit like: "LOL >LIKING GREEN DAY XD"
I mean I don't like green day at all but at least put some effort in your shitposting.
>>
>>60993919
I used to listen to this on repeat when I was depressed. This album was heroïne to me like heroïne was to Froosh when he made it.
>>
File: MI0003380210.jpg (61 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
MI0003380210.jpg
61 KB, 400x400
1. The overall sarcastic tone really compliments what he's trying to say on the album
2. Zappa continued with his "no commercial success" project, and just did what he wanted to on the album, including adding more elements of experimental music.
3. Zappa further showed how much of a musical genius he is, by parodying various forms of music, and proving he can do it just as well as the people he was making fun of.
>>
>>60992766
my 2nd favourite green day album desu
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.