[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: post your favorite hilariously bad RYM reviews
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: lol.png (41 KB, 633x365) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
41 KB, 633x365
ITT: post your favorite hilariously bad RYM reviews
>>
>>60991852
agreed
>>
https://rateyourmusic.com/~boldfaure

take your pick
>>
my reviews have been unpublished for no reason yet this turd stays up for 3 years
>>
All of tryptavitoxytocin's reviews
>>
>>60991931
literally the best rym review ive seen
>>
File: rym review.png (9 KB, 813x90) Image search: [Google]
rym review.png
9 KB, 813x90
>>60991931
baka desu senpai
>>
File: iolk.,.png (181 KB, 1448x643) Image search: [Google]
iolk.,.png
181 KB, 1448x643
>>60991931
damn i want to punch this guy
RYM is not your community college poetry class
>>
Everything by Thecrystalbird and Ukrayf
>>
>>60992244
that's face value isn't it?
it's the most upboated review for that album too. i mean come on son.
>>
what is it about RYM that attracts so many pretentious shitlords? some of the info in users' profiles makes my eyes roll indefinitely.
>>
>>60992323
it's a site that allows you to
a) share your music taste with others
b) publish long-form writing

so imagine the worst parts of last.fm and the worst parts of blogs combined
>>
>>60992284
Yup, I remembered that album was a thing and went there to rate it, then I saw that this was the most upvoted "review" of it.

How the fuck didn't that get unpublished, but a lot of other reviews I've read that were perfectly reasonable or even legitimately were unpublished is something I'll never understand.
>>
>>60992323
you'd have to be a huge loser to present your online identity around music. and i say this as a huge loser myself
>>
>>60992323
it's literally amateur music journalism: the site

music journalism is cancer by definition - it is always - and I mean always - nothing more than an excuse for narcissists to try and be deep, or clever, or worst of all, witty

RYM is a site that allows everyone to be music journalists. naturally, it's the worst thing ever
>>
>>60991918
>>"Occasionally there will be large gaps between new reviews. This is just because I'm only reviewing what I can talk about at length."
>90% of reviews are one or two sentences at most.
>>
File: 1448756632267.png (123 KB, 812x1610) Image search: [Google]
1448756632267.png
123 KB, 812x1610
This isn't really bad, but it's the perfect piss take of bad rym reviews
>>
someone post that GOAT review of The Shape of Punk to Come
>>
>>60992582
I like this guy desu. I'd much rather read this than some college student waxing poetic about the latest buzzband.
>>
>>60992582
That made me laugh
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.