[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First Concert Experience
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 8
What was the first concert you went to? Mine was Oasis' first night at Knebworth house back in '96.
>>
Leatherface
>>
PJ & Duncan.
I was 8, I remember almost nothing about it.
>>
Iron Maiden as a teenager.

It was fun as fuck.
>>
>>60990358
imagine if you had to piss and you were stuck in the center of that crowd

that's my nightmare
>>
>>60990423
This for me as well.
>>
>>60990373
supporting Mudhoney

they were handing out rip-offs of Madonna's SEX outside, I got one
>>
>>60990358
Van Halen 1982
>>
>>60990662
How old are you?
>>
>>60990358
Went To A ELO reunion concert few years back, dad and uncle were huge ELO fans back in the day so they tagged me along with them. The show was pretty dull. We just sat on blue plastic chairs while they went through there hits, dad probably spended a few hundred for those tickets too.
>>
>>60990358
go back too bed dad

(idk if ur actually a dad u rlly seem like 1 tho)

>>60990662
dat u grandma?
>>
>>60990358
Pantera. Horden pavilion 94 I think it was. Straight into the fire. Didn't even like metal
>>
>>60990662
>1982
>see van halen live at the peak of their powers

>2015
>spending your days shitposting on 4chan

living the dream
>>
Saw Bowling for Soup, Bloodhound Gang and Zebrahead when I was 14. I didn't like any of those bands but my friend had a spare ticket.

Got to admit, it was fun seeing Bloodhound Gang even though they are pretty terrible.
>>
Monster Magnet in Glasgow early this year. It was neat. Played more of the long Dopes and Last Patrol jams than the generic hard rock stuff which was cool. Dave was also looking good for a late-50-year-old and the whole band was pretty tight.
>>
David Byrne. I was in sixth grade.
>>
I honestly can't remember, my mums an orchestral musician so it was probably some orchestral thing back when I was like 2.
>>
>Roger Waters
Played Dark Side. Was great
>>
Weird Al
I think I was like 11
>>
>>60990358
Steeley Dan
>>
fucking An Café of all things

I was 13
>>
Punk Rock Festival 3, a bunch of chilean classic punk bands, Flema and 2 Minutos from Argentina, it was cool, dancing ska was fun as hell
>>
I went to see Placebo at a small Ottawa club back when I was maybe 17.

The show was great even though me and my friends were the only glamfags in the small crowd of university students. We met the band after the show and some people we were hanging out with started trading drugs with Brian Molko and eventually one of my girl friends went backstage to suck his dick/fuck him I never found out. Also my gay friend traded shirts with the guitarist and he was mad in love with him.

Anyways that was my first concert.
>>
Pat Metheny Trio, Playhouse Theatre, Durban, South Africa, 2008.
>>
>>60990458
just piss no one will notice
>>
the tame impala show in melbourne about a month ago
>>
>>60990734
Was a freshman in high school when i saw them. The band was firing on all cylinders that night and their stage setup was wall to wall speakers and amps from floor to ceiling, so it was loud as all can be. Ears were ringing for days after.
>>
>>60990458
It's an Oasis gig so most people are probably pissing in empty bottles (and then tossing them) anyway.
>>
File: feels.png (225 KB, 2400x2400) Image search: [Google]
feels.png
225 KB, 2400x2400
>tfw I am 20 and still haven't been to a concert.
>>
>>60990358
what's the difference between a concert, a gig and a show?
>>
>>60992683
>Concert
a huge event event
>Gig
a small perfomance by a british band
>Show
like a concert, but slightly smaller
>>
>>60990358
Beach Boys, early 80s, I was like 7 or so.
>>
>>60990358
Scorpions 1991 tour, show included
>steel heart (uhhggg)
>aldo nova (meh)
>Mr Big (more meh)
>Great White (better than expected)

Went for free, girlfriend worked at a radio station and gave us free tickets to this and others.
>>
>>60993125
Saw Great White open for Judas Priest in 83. They weren't exactly what i was into at the time but they played a pretty good set.
>>
>>60993125
Saw Great White play at The Station in '03. They really set the place on fire.
>>
2009 I think. I was 15 and seeing The Devil Wears Prada with my gf at the time. All That Remains opened.
I had fun for what it was worth I guess. Lost my hat and a shoe in the mosh pit lol.
>>
I don't go to concerts. I can watch it on my PC so, no
>>
>>60993454
Correction...Was in 84
>>
Tera Melos
>>
>>60993492
I wasn't really into them, but they put on a great show. Certainly a better band live.
>>
McFly when I was about 8. Friend of my mum's had free tickets. I was quite enjoying it buy my sister was 4 at the time and couldn't stand the noise so we had to leave.
>>
>>60994436
Yeah, tell me about it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udVrQSHm8mg
>>
>>60992593
yo that's actually pretty cool man. nice to see people from the 80s still on /mu/
>>
File: overcome embarassment 460.jpg (97 KB, 460x345) Image search: [Google]
overcome embarassment 460.jpg
97 KB, 460x345
>first concert experience was seeing a christian ska band
>>
>>60992649
u can do it
>>
>>60990358

Best concert: Pink Floyd Division Bell Tour 1994

Runner up: Phish 1996

Worst Concert: Hootie and the fucking blowfish, friend had free tickets, it was not worth it.
>>
>>60994482
what the fuck
>>
>>60994482
The guy running out on fire at 6:20, WTF.
>>
2 chainz last year
>>
>>60994482
holy shit those screams
>>
>>60994521
It's neat to be able to share memories about gigs and bands from back then. Saw so many groups that are considered legends now that back then were just "another band" more or less.
>>
>>60994482
NONONONONONONONONONONONONO
>>
My Bloody Valentine in San Francisco as a 16 year old

Loud as fuck. I remember removing my earplugs for the songs from Loveless, and just having a great time at the cost of my hearing for the next day or two.
>>
The first concerts I went to were early 2000s hardcore punk bands (not metalcore shit)

Most of them were fairly obscure and didn't release much besides a few 7". I don't listen to pleb shit so I don't spend more than $20 for a show
>>
concerts are so fucking ridiculously loud. do they really have to blow out everyones hearing for 2 days?
>>
i went to a backstreet boys reunion concert with my older sister when i was 10 or so
though i've been to COUNTLESS performances by the Toronto Symphony Orchestra since i was a child
>>
Deftones and Incubus with DFA1979 as the opener this summer
>>
>>60992683

Concerts are larger, but you can use the term show for a concert, though when I think of show I think of a smaller, probably local band, and the venue is usually a bar. Gig sounds more like something the artist would say to describe what they are doing (playing a gig).
>>
>>60993530

All That Remains was my first concert too. Would have been 2005 when I was 14 or so.
>>
>>60990358
Lol I wasn't even conceived yet when that happened. gtfo gramps.
>>
>>60990358
I went to john mayer x keith urban at the gorge in washington

Didnt care for keith but the venue is fantastic and john mayer is a hell of a guitar player
>>
>>60995493
I keep disposable earplugs in my glovebox so I have no excuse
>>
Lived in a rural area in the middle of nowhere so never saw any shows till i moved out

first concert I ever went to was Death Grips, first stop of their post "break up" tour, so it was especially nuts

all my shows since are gonna feel like childs play
>>
>>60990724
That sounds awesome, would've killed to see them
>>
>>60992452
Shit, how was that? I really want to see them.
>>
I played about 6 shows before I saw someone else's
>>
>>60994482
>5:20
Throw some snow on it u bitch
>>
My first show was modest mouse at the paramount theater in Seattle. Fuckers didn't play king rat in full, but still a great show.
>>
File: jeff_portrait_lg.jpg (857 KB, 1800x1781) Image search: [Google]
jeff_portrait_lg.jpg
857 KB, 1800x1781
>>60990801
DISCOVERY CHANNEL
>>
>>60994809
I don't like you
>>
>>60990358
aviões do forró
>>
>>60993492
Wait you were there? At that infamous show?
>>
>>60994647
Man those division bell shows were quite something
>>
Weird Al.

Zero regrets. Went to see him again years later. Still the best.
>>
Aaron Carter when I was 6. Shit was lit
>>
>>60990358
Haha, actually my first concert experience was seeing Weird Al with my dad in like 5th grade.

It was a good time (I was in 5th grade stop hatin) and while I've been to lots of shows in just the past year that were a hell of a lot better, still wouldn't give up that time I spent with my dad seeing both our favorite band at that time in both of our lives
>>
>>60996162
No but my second cousin or something died in there. I don't really remember because I was pretty young at the time.
>>
Local Natives at the Crystal Ballroom in Portland Oregon. Think I was 14 or 15.
>>
I saw zach condon in 2008, some shitty venue. dont even recall at this point.
>>
>>60990358
My mom brought me to the New Orleans Jazz Fest to see Robert Plant when I was 11. I didn't have the patience to appreciate a live performance yet but LZ was my favorite band at the point so I'm very happy that she brought me. I saw Plant again when I was 17 (at the same fest) and it was a great fucking performance

The NO Jazz & Heritage Festival has to be one of the best fests in the world. So many of my favorite performances were at it, and they do a great job of featuring nola's local cuisine and musicians. To give a scope, I've seen Frank Ocean, Arcade Fire, Wayne Shorter, and obscure Cajun musicians at that fest. Go if you can anons
>>
Not my first concert by any means but I tried MDMA for the first time while at an EDM fest and it was literally the best day of my entire life. Idgaf if it's degenerate or normie

Ecstasy should be a mandatory life experience for anyone who goes to music festivals
>>
>>60996678
I'd much rather do MDMA at an early 90s rave or something than some trash EDM fest though
>>
>>60996742
A few months later I rolled at a club and it was equally fun

The huge colorful lights and mass communion of music & intoxication at a festival is just too cool to resist having fun at. Even if its a bastardization of the genre's roots. It also helped that dozens of people I knew were there including most of my best friends
>>
File: IMG_2900.jpg (261 KB, 608x940) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2900.jpg
261 KB, 608x940
This was my first concert, but it was a festival.

I invited all my friends and no one wanted to go. There was absolutely no way I would miss seeing My Bloody Valentine so I went alone both days all day. I also caught a drumstick Kevin threw out when the sound got fucked. It was fucking magical, best $100 I ever spent.
>>
>>60996742
>
This.

Was never a raver but knew some people into that scene. EDM and all that sorta strikes me as sorta plastic
>>
>>60990358
Andrew Jackson Jihad in 08
>>
Foo Fighters
>>
>>60997022
sounds fucking fantastic
>>
>>60994482
this video is why i chill near the exit at venues now.

first concert: b52s/violent femmes
>>
File: thatdamnshow.jpg (85 KB, 300x435) Image search: [Google]
thatdamnshow.jpg
85 KB, 300x435
This show. I went there to see Awolnation, but Bad Reliion was really good too. Awolnation was amazing, and one of the bands earlier in the day, Katastro, was really really good.
>>
File: IMG_2921.gif (214 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2921.gif
214 KB, 400x225
>>60994482
>1 minute in
>wall of people in door can't get through

Fucking terrifying. Fire is fast as fuck.
>>
>>60990358
mine was noel gallagher's high flying birds in like 2012 lol
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.