[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I've been experimenting with creating harsh noise. How
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: Capture4.png (18 KB, 476x476) Image search: [Google]
Capture4.png
18 KB, 476x476
So, I've been experimenting with creating harsh noise. How do I know if it's good? Is it possible for it to even be good?
>>
It's probably not good
>>
It's good if it makes you question why you're still alive and you can provoke that feeling in other people when they listen to it
>>
>>60983891
If you can create a variety of different textures and layers and engage a listener with said textures and layers, then it's probably good
>>
>>60983915
Well, I think the layers are good, but everyone I've gotten to listen to it mostly just reported feeling suicidal after 20 seconds.
>>
>>60983949
Well, are they people who usually listen to noise?
If not, you might wanna track some people down who are legitimately experienced within the genre to give you feedback. They'll be able to help you more with thei experience
>>
>>60984026
That's why I came to /mu/, since it seemed like the best place to find people into that sort of thing.
>>
i prefer the noises that have lots of dynamics and weren't just the maximum screeches for fifty minutes
>>
>>60984026
>feedback
lel
>>
>>60984067
Then, perhaps try posting what you have so far so we can all critique it!

>>60984114
This, too
>>
>>60984114
My pieces seemed pretty dynamic to me, compared to other stuff I've found, so I was actually afraid it wasn't "noise" enough.

>>60984136
Here's two pretty short ones I made:
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0C5LNBYhokT
http://vocaroo.com/i/s19O3pbGJXcX
>>
>>60984146
you are trying to hard man
>>
>>60984254
That's trying too hard? It only took like half an hour of dicking around in Audacity. Should I simplify it?
>>
>>60984134
Haha nice catch

>>60984146
Well, I'll first remark that this sounds a lot less intense than I expected, and is almost more in the vein of field recordings/EAI. To that effect, I would invest in better recording equipment, and also a general look at motifs in the music
Noise is rather similar to minimalism in that you have to have certain patterns emerge from within the music, and then you have to add variety to those and alter the overall soundscape around those motifs. I'm liking the inclusion of the (whistle?) sounds, but the other parts of the track feel somewhat aimless

Still, keep at it and experiment. You may be onto something, you just have to fully realize it
>>
>>60984292
yeah the process has to be simple. deliberately creating the sounds is trying too hard.

e.g. https://clyp.it/dgyoodo3
>>
Bedroom noise faggots is the worst thing to happen to music, ever.
>>
>>60984342
I actually think the combination of having noise and "field recordings" can work in his/her favor like some of Sewer Election's stuff. I like how spacious the first track feels since I'm really bored of the constant in your face loud feedback a lot of people do.

Definitely have motifs in your music though or at least some kind of concept going in. Like the soundtrack to an ending world, a serial killer on the hunt, or a lonely, frustrated NEETs on a mayonnaise dripping anime figure forum.

Also bassy low, rumbling noise. There's never enough of that.
>>
>>60984342
>>60984374
I think I'll try to process it a bit more so that the recorded segments aren't as recognizable.

>>60984461
These are just experiments and not finished tracks yet, so I'm not too worried about keeping it conceptually consistent yet, but I'll definitely think about motifs.
>>
>>60984146
First track literally sounds like a vacuum cleaner
>>
It's all about layers. Use a lot of pedals if you want to achieve a sound with a lot of "textures."

>>60984412
This, OP. Do it in a studio or a cool farmhouse like NWW
>>
>>60984691
I don't have money though
>>
>>60983949
Then it's probably good
>>
>>60984740
>>60984740
Save up your money then. You can do it anywhere you want I was kidding, but making music costs money if you want it to be high quality. It'd be important to get a DAW or something also if you even wanted to make a non-live sound, and even that would be expensive.
>>
>noise artists telling other noise artists how to make noise

Jesus fucking christ. OP, if you like it? that's all that matters. Focus on what you think the artisticly perfect noise album would be, and make it.
>>
>>60984461
Oh it can work I was just remarking how it was different from what I was expecting

>>60984881
I mean, constructive feedback helps other artists. We're just trying to maybe aid him from the perspective of a listener
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.