[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help me help you (vinyl setup and ripping)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: aye.jpg (86 KB, 736x456) Image search: [Google]
aye.jpg
86 KB, 736x456
So I now have the time and money to finally get a decent record player and all that but I'm a newb and there's an overwhelming info about turntables and vinyl ripping.

So I'm going to be lazy and see if any /mu/tants here have any good setups I can just emulate and if others back it.

Help me out, brahs. I also might start taking some requests too once this is up and running.
>>
Also, these worth getting?

https://www.etsy.com/listing/153567431/audiowood-el-blocko-turntable?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=record%20player&ref=sr_gallery_3

https://www.etsy.com/listing/174424674/transformed-vintage-thorens-td-150?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=record%20player&ref=sc_gallery_3&plkey=fb5213baf6c4593fb415b98318a34a8548faf049:174424674
>>
>>60982334
>etsy
Not even gonna click the link, just gonna go with no
>>
p-pls
>>
File: Dust_and_Grooves_89521.jpg (171 KB, 1260x840) Image search: [Google]
Dust_and_Grooves_89521.jpg
171 KB, 1260x840
I want a vinyl player and a shift dress
>>
We don't want any of your shitty ripped with a piece of shit, crackling, and bloated 24/192 "true audiophile grade" vinyl rips
>>
>>60983796
I-I can up in v-v0
>>
Is the U-Turn Orbit worth getting?
>>
>>60983838
Yes
>>
>>
>>60983819
Look here kiddo, even if you wanted to rip you'd have to fill a niche market, such as finding vinyl of rare 90's electronic music that was only distributed to like 4 gay clubs in europe.

On top of that a lot of guys just use any shit to rip and they sound awful with lots of noise and aubergine even pitch shifts.

The guys that rip shit that people get went full retard and spent money on $1000+ tube pre amps and preamps and a $500 catrudge that's connected to an arm filled with balancing liquid for "ultimate tone balance". And all they rip is dad rock first presses of pink Floyd albums that went bad 30 years ago.
>>
>>60983989
Well, I'll be ripping Merzbow's Flare Gun and other weird shit on discogs or what have you.

Vinyl Ripping I'm good to go since I go to wcd and blah blah blah. I can get advice there but thought I post here to be anon and just copy someone else's setup if others approved.
>>
>>60982325

just get a decent USB turntable plus stuff for cleaning vinyl
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.