[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is music a hobby/passion for you?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: 2094025.jpg (53 KB, 371x338) Image search: [Google]
2094025.jpg
53 KB, 371x338
Why is music a hobby/passion for you?
>>
It sounds good when I jam it into my earhole.
>>
I have the attention span of a fish so it's the only thing I can enjoy and not be focused 100% of the time
>>
>>60982185
memes
>>
>>60982185
it's the most direct form of emotional expression for me

Sometimes I can't say or write or paint or draw or dance or dress how I feel exactly

But every time I listen to a song the really resonates with me or when I make a song or play my trombone or acoustic guitar or synth or make ambient music, I know that that is how I feel and there's no other way to express it

It has made my world wonderful and magical and infinitely more valuable

Winters Love
>>
File: Trump.jpg (34 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
Trump.jpg
34 KB, 720x405
>>60982185
I just like playing instruments. Listening to what noises other people have come up with is fun, too.
>>
>>60982185
>life
>asking why
>>
File: platoooon.jpg (30 KB, 471x320) Image search: [Google]
platoooon.jpg
30 KB, 471x320
>>60982185
I actually don't have any hobby nor passion.
I just come here to see if something interests me, since i can't play any instrument i really don't understand "music" itself; but from times to times i find enjoyable things and keep going on.
How does one find a hobby or a passion?
>>
>>60984884
You enjoy something, and then you do it
>>
>>60984884
>but from times to times i find enjoyable things and keep going on
You understand it more then lots of people who think they do
>>
>>60982185
>download that album from the archive
>it's only the second disc
why
>>
Like 80% of users here, it isn't. Its an accessory I use to feel special over the plebeians.
>>
File: spideramne.jpg (18 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
spideramne.jpg
18 KB, 480x480
>>60984999
I feel like there's a lot of stuff i'm missing by being ignorant, but i don't want to bias me towards thinking that things i can't understand are just good.
Idk i'm thinking about learning some music theory this summer and see what happens
>>
>>60982185

I don't know what gay album cover this is but I do like the lyre of antiquity.
>>
>>60985121
You really don't need to know theory to call music a hobby/passion.

Learn some basic stuff if you like but unless you're going to be playing music with others there's no real need.

Go to shows, listen to albums, enjoy the music.
>>
>>60985179
Ok mate thanks, guess i'll use holidays to keep exploring and get me some new jams.
Happy new year and whatever your religion celebrates
jah bless
>>
>>60985134
http://revenantrecords.com/musics/products/american-primitive-vol-ii/
It's a great comp if you're into that sort of stuff
>>
>>60982185
I got tired of playing video games.
>>
>>60982330
Awww u cute :3
>>
File: botomless meme when.gif (374 KB, 201x203) Image search: [Google]
botomless meme when.gif
374 KB, 201x203
the large majority of all music is free if you dont want to support the artist. albums im passionate about ill buy a cd or record. it also doesnt require all my attention so i can clean, work, etc.
>>
I grew up in a really messed up environment and my family was shit. Music has always been the only thing that shuts everything else out and brings me to a nice place mentally and emotionally. Many days were spent locked in my room listening to music to escape. And I guess to this day it's the only thing that I can really get lost in and which makes me forget all my problems.
Reading the other posts here is depressing. This board is such a shithole.
>>
If your response to this prompt is some variant of, "It's easy to zone out to/do other things to," you're a major faggot. Also, considering music a hobby is simply lazy.
>>
Music escapes me from my shitty life, it's the only thing that makes me feel safe
>>
as an only child I was usually the only one at home for most of the afternoon/weekends since my divorced parents also worked

noone my age lived in my neighborhood

So i got used to playing music so that I didn't have to sit at home in silence

eventually I got curious as to what other music was out there, so I would just listen to new shit all the time to expand my hoirzons

then later I started smoking weed and that goes hand in hand with music.
>>
As far as listening goes, it heightens any experience, memory, dream etc. I hate using words to describe all those emotions that are so occasional they're impossible to label that art allows you to feel.

Creating it just happens, I can't really explain it although I've spent years trying to understand it. Now I just like to feel rather than think about it.
>>
My parents signed me up for piano lessons when I was 6 and it all went down from there
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.