[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
someone redpill me on Boris
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Boris - Heavy Rocks.jpg (55 KB, 953x953) Image search: [Google]
Boris - Heavy Rocks.jpg
55 KB, 953x953
someone redpill me on Boris
>>
>>60978147
>Boris
>siroB
>Cough Sirob
FUCKKIIIIN LEEAAAN MAAAANEEE
>>
They're 100% responsible for the rape of nanking
>>
>>60978147
I saw them live last year and their drummer was totally phoning it in and most of their appeal on an instrumental level comes from odd production and composition choices rather than musical ability. Their first few albums are alright, mainly Akuma no Uta and Amplifier Worship, but Pink and everything after is really bland and lacks soul and the only reason they have such a cult following is that they're weebs with a gorl guitarist.
>>
>>60978199
what kind of soul should I expect
>>
>>60978147
Flood and Feedbacker
>>
>>60978221
by soul I guess I meant some kind of passion and creative spirit. it's pretty common with metal bands to run out of steam, and it's also very common for those bands to continue making music in the same/similar style as before, just without the passion.

and this is comig from someone who used to be a rather large fan of theirs
>>
Melvins for Westerners who won't own up to their adoration for the former
Funnily enough both bands have been on a downward slide for some time now
>>
>>60978270
I guess I mean more what kind of sound/feeling did they used to have. I got Heavy Rocks (2011) a few days ago and I like it but now you're saying the old stuff is better.
I'm not in the right mood though to check them out so if you could give me a summary that would be awesome.
>>
>>60978332
I haven't heard them in a while but I can recall when I revisted their early stuff being really impressed with the ambitious scale of it, and their ability to alternate between tones and genres of metals really fluidly without actually settling in any idiom. I can understand getting into Heavy Rocks especially if you haven't heard their earlier stuff, but I can tell you that it pales in comparison if you're looking for something good for closing your eyes and getting into.
>>
>>60978397
I was mainly looking for sludge when someone suggested it. I'll check out Amplifier Worship later when I'm dying from no sleep.
>>
I love Flood and Feedbacker but with everything else I always thought it sounded like they were half-assing it. Some of the instrumentation is downright terrible, and a lot of their heavy stuff is just stoner rock with extra feedback.

Overrated as a whole but Flood is still incredible.
>>
>>60978441
Yeah well I wouldn't classify their stuff as sludge, but it is very difficult to classify music. It makes the most sense when viewed of as psychedelic rock, in my opinion, based on the generally light sound, exotic production, and use of electronic effects and studio tools.

Here are some good sludge/stoner bands for you to check out at your interest

>MELVINS MELVINS MELVINS THE FUCKING KINGS THE MOTHERFUCKING MELVINS: BULLHEAD, LYSOL, OZMA, HOUDINI, STAG, STONER WITCH MOTHERFUCKING MELVINS

Bongripper
Eagle Twin
Esoteric
Goatsnake
Harvey Milk
>>
>>60978619
it is difficult. It wasn't sludgey anyway, but it did have a good noise element which I also really like.
>>
flood and the sunn o))) split are amazing.
other albums are tight but i've not found them as interesting. i've not paid enough attention to a few of their albums 2bh, don't feel like i have a good enough grasp to properly evaluate their discography.
>>
What should I expect if I see them in May? I really like Flood, Pink, and Akuma no Uta but their discography is huge so I'm guessing they may not play any of that
>>
>>60978199
what a load of shit
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.