[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what do you think /mu/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: sonemic.png (60 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
sonemic.png
60 KB, 800x600
what do you think /mu/?
>>
looking quite forward to it
>>
i can't find the song chart feature sharifi is previewing right now
>>
what is this? is this another tidal?
>>
I like the idea, but some of the things the "project managers" (people who donated $1000 or more) are bullshit. Few people will use them, and they'll waste time that could be used to make the site better in other aspects.
Otherwise, I'm hyped.

>>60976398
the next version of rym
>>
>>60976398
new site RYM is transitioning to

do you guys think it'll be a success? will there be a growth in popularity?

how likely do you think it is that they're have a scrobbling feature even if they don't meet the stretch goals?
>>
name is shit site's doomed
>>
>>60976397
https://sonemic.com/charts/
>>
>>60976721
thank you
>>
honestly i don't see the site getting more popular, but i am looking forward to new features and faster load times
>>
I think it'll be a great improvement for the current userbase.

I honestly hope it doesn't catch on in the mainstream.

That's gonna skew the fuck out of ratings. Especially with the video games portion of the site.
>>
>>60976955
>I honestly hope it doesn't catch on in the mainstream.
every radiohead album is already at the top of every list that's probably as bad as it will ever get, you can only be so casual of a listener and be interested in something like RYM
>>
>>60976357
is it pronounced "Saw-ne-mik" or "Saw-ne-mike"? the fact it's ambiguous is bad enough for marketing; that they both sound clunky to me makes the name change even more unnecessary. though they might've gotten good advice from some brand firm that knows the way these things work out better than I.
..."Soan-mike"?
>>
>>60977064
sonemic is a stupid name if only for its similarity to 'anemic.' should stay RYM imo
>>
They should partner with last.fm somehow.
>>
>>60977146
NO
>>
>>60977122
wow - didn't notice that but you're absolutely right.
I guess they thought rateyourmusic seemed a bit pedestrian? Cinemos seems like a smooth name for a movie site, but if they could go back to the drawing board for that one they definitely should
>>
>>60976357
Would love to see it fail horribly
>>
>>60977146
Please no. I'd actually prefer if RYM got into the scrobbling business.

Last.FM is fucked at this point.
>>
>>60977492
Its literally just the site we already all use a ton, but better.

If RYM didn't fail why would this?
>>
>>60977146
They say they will eventually introduce scrobbling so hopefully it'll replace last.fm
>>
>>60977146
I'd rather it just become a better version of last.fm.
>>
>>60977146
>>60977939
>last.fm completely fucks up their design
>rym introduces scrobbling
>everyone from last.fm migrates to sonemic
>the site dies slow painful death

I don't know how to react
>>
>>60977986
The only way this would happen is if sonemic allows you to import all your last.fm scrobbles.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.