[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think about the Arctic Monkeys?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: ArcticMonkeys_720x400.jpg (69 KB, 720x400) Image search: [Google]
ArcticMonkeys_720x400.jpg
69 KB, 720x400
What does /mu/ think about the Arctic Monkeys?
>>
i think that normal people scare me
>>
normal people scare me <333
>>
first 2 albums awesome, 3rd okay and went boring after SIAS
>>
>>60975507
>the
A.M. was probably the most disappointing release of 2013, but I like everything they did before that.
>>
>>60975507
they were better off as mods instead of this lethargic greaser rawk shit. thanks josh homme for ruining everything
>>
>>60975507

ladcore
>>
>>60975607
remember that josh homme helped out before the greaser bullshit for humbug
>>
>>60975507
Possibly one of the worst bands of the 21st century.
>>
Does anyone happen to know of some TV show that used "Only Ones Who Know" from Favorite Worst Nightmare during the ending credits?

It was a black background with white text and the beginning of the song before the vocals playing, I would like to remember what TV show that was
>>
they stole black sabbath's logo
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQYBVPVeQn0
My favorite song from them
>>
>>60976058
They also stole Black Sabbath's song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jn6-TItCazo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4FuqVbwifk
>>
>>60975507
their first 2 or 3 albums are good but after that they got bad. AM is a step up from suck it and see (which was pure shit) but they'll never drop this ironic 50's greaser shit and go back to their previous image (which might coincide with them making good music again?), don't know if they could even if they wanted to. as far as mainstream indie rock goes they aren't as bad as like mumford and sons or some other gay shit like that but to indie rock as a whole they're not great.
>>
>>60976101
kek
>>
Funny I see this because I'm currently listening to AM. I think it's a great album, but it also makes me feel like entry-level hipster garbage
>>
the strokes are way fucking better
>>
>>60975507
They were good for their first 3 albums.
After that they went to shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQNyTo4k_TA
>>
>>60976201
the literally whos?
>>
>>60975507
Turner's lyricism is the best thing about them. Other than that they've got some pretty catchy songs in their early records, as of recently they've become kind of obnoxious imo
>>
Poor man's Strokes
>>
>>60976201
agree
>>
>>60976125
there's literally one part of the guitar lick that's the same calm down nerd
>>
>>60976259
>>60976201

the strokes were on track to be really great until halfway through their 3rd album, then it all went downhill
>>
File: carlos.jpg (23 KB, 253x352) Image search: [Google]
carlos.jpg
23 KB, 253x352
>>60976301
maybe they had a stroke
>>
Great band, maybe as a Brit I'm biased but they are one of my favourite bands and AM is actually my second favourite arctic monkeys album.
>>
>>60976301
well lets pray that this next one (if there is a next one) is an actual comeback
>>
>First two albums
Wow, such potential, such atttitude, they could really save rock. It's a bit of an overkill, and not everything mesh, but for all it's flaws there's really something special here, this is really good and they could become something great
>Humbug
Uh... alright? You guys are a bunch of vapid english punks, what's up with the introspection all of a sudden? You have *nothing* to say, your forte is in the melodies and the speed, the riff onslaught and cheeky lyrics.
>Suck it and see
Ughhhhhhh...
>AM
Good, enjoyable party rock for the masses. They sold out and *how* but at least they made a good record in the process. If this is what I can expect from them in the future then it's fine, but what a way to betray the potential they showed at the start.
>>
>>60976352
ayy
>>
>>60975507
I love AM. I think it's a great album.
>>
>>60976125
I don't see it, but this weeb song is basically the same as kneesocks main riff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YAayfya_M0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQ0ymYGQNa8
>>
>>60976450
100% agree
>>
>>60976450
I still enjoy Humbug, even if it was the beginning of the end
>"which came first, the chicken or the dickhead"
>>
>>60976450
I still like Humbug. In fact I like it more than Favorite Worst Nightmare
>>
>>60976450
>look at how smart i am, everyone else is so dumb, but not me, i can see through it all because i'm a genius and everyone is is a sheep.
>>
File: 1448004014560.jpg (28 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1448004014560.jpg
28 KB, 720x720
>>60976584
You okay there buddy?
>>
>>60976648
>EVERDAY
wow
>>
>>60976584
Nigger, I'm just stating my opinion on the records. How vulnerable do you have to be to take that as some kind of dig at you?
>>
>>60976584
21st century paranoid man
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.