[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's been a few months. What're you guys' opinions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
It's been a few months. What're you guys' opinions on this album? I'm seen it mentioned from many people online as "the most overrated album of the year". I thought it was a pretty enjoyable record overall, if nothing more.

Thoughts?
>>
car commercial psych
>>
I don't know why people even bother asking mu this.
>>
Boring.

Tame Impala is always boring imo. It's like they're too lazy to play anything but mezzoforte.
>>
It is overrated, don't know how some people think this is their best album yet.

It's not that it's bad or anything, just expected "more" from it I guess? I don't know how to explain, just didn't enjoy it as much compared to the other albums.
>>
>they say people never change, but that's bullshit, they do

damn.............
>>
File: f251d544.jpg (342 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
f251d544.jpg
342 KB, 900x900
Second question:
Why does /mu/ hate beach house so much? I haven't really gotten into their music yet, only heard a couple songs
>>
>>60973967
let it happen and the moment are superb
eventually is good
after that album just becomes shit
it's kevin's best produced album but at the cost of that we get his worst singing and songwriting.
>>
>>60974075
because all their songs sound like the first couple you\ve already heard
>>
Most overrated albums of the year:
>5. Future - DS2
>4. Carly Rae Jepsen - Emotion
>3. Tame Impala - Currents
>2. Grimes - Art Angels
>1. Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp a Butterfly
>>
>>60973967
It's literally a Prince rip-off
>>
>>60974075
/mu/ is contrarian so they hate beach house
>>
there are a lot of nice melodies and stuff on it

its just that there's no real substance to it

and no great musician is remembered for being a rehash
>>
>>60973967

I actually love this album, with Let It happen and Less I Know the Better being my favorites
>>
boring. worst tame impala album. like a few songs tho
>>
>>60973967
honestly i bounce on my baby boy's dick for hours to this
>>
>>60974043
its literally the exact opposite, its not overrated on mu at all and people dont think its their best album at all. either way i think its pretty great
>>
>>60974123
HA i dont think you were listening to prince if you think this sounds like him
>>
i like the album
it was a nice switch from their previous stuff
>>
great album, not as great as his first two
>>
1st 2 albums: vocals sound reminiscent of John Lennon

3rd album: vocals sound pure faggot
>>
>>60973967
I think its great but nowhere near lonerism
>>
>>60974101
Yup. I love Beach House, but I can only listen to the same song so many times.
>>
>>60973967
Tame Impala is basic as fuck, and they only get worse with every album.
>>
>>60975152
literally the plebest reason to hate him
>>
>>60975212
"they" hating and not even knowing what tame impala is
>>
>>60975212
>le special and not basic because i'm a hipster meme

commit your trip
>>
I've never listened to Tame Impala but that is a 10/10 cover art

I actually am surprised that's a cover for a modern album, it looks like a classic record cover from decades past
>>
>>60975264

Because vocals don't matter? The microphone industry has been feeding us all lies.
>>
>>60975373
>he bought into the microphone industry "lyrics are important" meme
lmao
>>
Why are people so crazy about New Person, Same Old Mistakes? It's such a bland song.
>>
>>60975425
I think he's taking about the sonic quality of Parker's vocals, not what he says (lyrics) with his vocals.
>>
>>60975373
no hating on someone because their natural voice sounds somewhat similar to another persons is a pleb reason as well as sounding like "a pure faggot"
>>
File: innerspeaker.jpg (13 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
innerspeaker.jpg
13 KB, 225x225
>>60975348
innerspeaker's cover is even better imo
>>
>>60973967
Lonerism > Innerspeaker > Currents

Great production, and the good songs are some of the best they've ever written but

Too much filler, shitty vocals, only 3-4 memorable songs, singles were the best, etc
>>
>>60974086
disciples, the less i know the better, and new person, same old mistakes are all good too. Cause im a man and yes im changing are both awful. 7/10 is a fair score
>>
>>60974086
forgot past life. that song sucks as well
>>
>>60975491

Sounding like a good singer is not a problem. Sounding like a squeaky faggot (as in Currents) is a problem.

Pleb is liking a shitty album because you're too pussy to make a stand.

You own Coldplay albums. Sure bet.
>>
>>60975818
Ha not realizing that parachutes was a classic. Of course i own it. But anyway, i understand now, your reason for not liking currents is cause he sounds like a "squeaky faggot" gotcha. But you also think he sounds exactly like john lennon.... So i guess john lennon is a squeaky fag too?
>>
>>60973967
First track is excellent

The rest of the album is a mix of sleepy boring bullshit and OK dream pop
>>
File: image.jpg (337 KB, 807x807) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
337 KB, 807x807
this is now a bright light social hour thread
>>
>>60975960

The very first thing I said was the vocals are different for the 3rd album. They are. Coming to the conclusion that my distinction is an association is the sort of shit I'd expect from you. If there was real justice in this world, you'd have to hear Currents once a week for the rest of your life until you kill yourself.
>>
>>60976139
Thank you anon! this is magical!
>>
Kevin should stop falsettoing like an homo.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.