[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
are you ready for the true successor to Pink Floyd's The
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: dt_2.png (429 KB, 558x558) Image search: [Google]
dt_2.png
429 KB, 558x558
are you ready for the true successor to Pink Floyd's The Wall?

in all seriousness, what age did you grow out of Dream Theater, and other related butt metal? it was 17 for me (about 6 years ago now)
>>
bump for prog metal \m/,
>>
>>60968838
Basically I never grew into Dream Theater I instantly realised that they were shit
>>
>dream theater
>>
>>60968838
Dream Theater isn't butt metal, sporkcore or even progressive.
>>
>>60969871
>>60969920

I love prog metal but Dream Theater is indeed shit.
>>
>>60969999
cool quads

anyway, dream theater is more like babby's first metal band t,bh
>>
>>60969999
Repeating digits confirm
>>
>>60970029
They basically defined the genre you pleb.

Its like saying I love Jazz but Charlie Parker is shit
>>
>>60968838
>tfw never like Dream Theater
feel really good
>>
19 but i still enjoy them
optimistic about this new album but im afraid it will be insanely cheesy
>>
I listened to Images and Words for the first time today and it really was bad
>>
>>60970275
>tfw never a tripfag
Feels good man
>>
>>60970338

That's their only album I enjoy all the way through.
>>
I was completely obsessed with Dream Theater for a few years, when I was maybe 15-17? I even traveled hours to see them live on the Systematic Chaos tour.

By the time I was half way through high school, I kind of just clicked, and realized that I wasn't listening to it because it was particularly captivating, but because it was "le metal" "le arpeggios" "le technicality" "le fast playing". Pretty much just meme reasons for listening to anything. Around that time I started listening to Bob Dylan and folk, and things that were a lot more engaging despite being "simpler" in terms of structure and playing.
>>
>>60970303
>Dream Theater
>insanely cheesy
Say it ain't fucking so.
>>
>>60970499
I think that's a natural progression.
When we're young we like flashy, technical displays of awesomeness, like big fake titties.
When we get older, we appreciate the finer points of music is more grounded and structured, timeless and classics like smooth long legs wrapped around you.
>>
>>60968838
But dude, guys like PMRants say that this is real, intellectual music for intellectual guys like him! How do you grow OUT of this when it's so genius?! It expresses color and feeling and shit so well, just like any and all buttprog metal!
>there...!
>there it is!
>I swear, he's gonna murder that poor kid!
>>
is that the fucking bionicle font
>>
>>60971846
kek
>>
>>60968838
Dream Theater is everything wrong with modern prog
>>
>>60971846
They've used it for over 20 years
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.