[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the best jazz record of all time?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 300x299) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 300x299
Is this the best jazz record of all time?
>>
>>60964411
it's not bad but i prefer alice coltrane's journey in satchidananda
>>
>>60964411
it's fucking great, but i prefer a meme supreme
>>
If we're talking similar albums, I like Black Saint just a tad better.
>>
>>60964411
IEH IEH IEH IEH IEH IEH IEH IEH IEH IEH IEH
>>
>>60964544
Literally Karma-lite

>>60964562
Fair enough; Karma is a spiritual successor to A Love Supreme and imitates many aspects of it

Karma is one of my favorite albums ever but I feel sort of blasphemous calling it the best jazz album because it pretty much abandons all the concepts of jazz rhythms/soloing. Either way it's 10/10 or close to
>>
>>60964411
nah
nice meme though
>>
>>60965283
it's not that good. listen to everything coltrane/coleman/miles were doing '64-72ish.
>>
>>60965731
I have though. I love all the stuff they were doing in that period but I happen to like Karma the most. Out of those artists during that period some runner-up albums would definitely be Kulu Se Mama, Ascension, and Sorcerer, but Karma just has all the right grooves and the over-the-top spiritual passion really gets to me
>>
>>60964411
naw, you're thinking of Village of the Pharaohs
>>
>>60965822
Not him, but I have to agree with you. The over-the-top spiritual passion gets me as well. Incredible solo by Pharoah.
>>
nah have u herd of to pemp a boogerfly? xD
>>
>>60964411
Not even close.
>>
Not even close to the best jazz album from 1969 even because For Alto, Electronic Sonata for Souls Loved By Nature, "Mu" First Part, Atlantis, People in Sorrow and Black Woman exist.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.