[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I'm the biggest hypocrite of 2015 What did he mean by this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 755x788) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 755x788
>I'm the biggest hypocrite of 2015

What did he mean by this?
>>
"When i finish this song im sure you will agree"
At the end of the song he shifts from his narrative of outrage against institutional racism and focuses on his own behavior: "gang bang make me kill a nigga blacker than me, hypocrite!"
>>
>>60958063
he's crouching at us...
>>
He hates black people.
>>
it means he made the most overrated album in recent memory
>>
>>60958123
I think that the song complexion defeats that idea pretty well. But I also think his critique of gangbanging is more of a personal criticism (one of the albums themes) rather than a criticism of black america. Nonethless he isnt constructing a clear "hate whitey" or "hate black people" mesage here. I think he is just showing the complicated picture of race more than telling which is refreshing. Hes still in the dead center looking around.
>>
>>60958162
*fart*
>>
>>60958184
cool
>>
It's because he contributed to the death of some black kid he knew.
>>
>>60958063

People like Azealia Banks have taken this lyric to mean Kendrick thinks "muh black on black crime" is what the real problem is rather than institutional racism.

But thats an oversimplification, because that lyric (and so much of the record) is so personal. Kendrick believes (and a lot of this is pretty overt in the dialogue of Mortal Man) that the gang violence endemic in the black community not only gives white people the excuse of saying "look at all the statistics for black murders" but also that it needs to stop so black people can unite in their struggle.
>>
>>60958305
Black on black crime is also why black neighborhoods are policed more. When the neighborhoods are policed more cops are more likely to use deadly force against black people. So when sjw tell you "stop shifting the narative away from their struggle" i get confused. Black on black crime and police brutality are interealted issues and both deserve attention. Programs like ceasefire have had a proven impact on reducing gang violence, but they don't get nearly enough attention or support.
>>
>>60958366
>>60958305
these familia

really good hip-hop album, such a shame it's so easy to associate it with an ''hot'' issue
>>
>>60958392
Some songs may have lyrics that make you think, but that doesn't mean it was good, and TPAB is trash outside of a few songs.
>>
>>60958063
that whole album is black guilt desu. he feels bad about being a rich black guy whilst his peers are getting murdered in cold blood by police in the streets.
>>
hes saying black americans are doo doo
>>
>>60958063
WHAT ARE THOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSE
>>
>>60958117
Damn...
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.