[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why is vaporwave so tryhard?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: blyat.jpg (406 KB, 853x1280) Image search: [Google]
blyat.jpg
406 KB, 853x1280
why is vaporwave so tryhard?
>>
because in terms of the music, they are barely even trying.
>>
>>60955470
Not rly, it doesn't really give a fuck what others think of it, all it does is create their own vaporwave aesthetic for the lulz and that's it, insecure fags are the only ones who think it's tryhard
>>
Because its something anyone can make so you get 15 year old fuccbois who slow down some shitty 80s japanese music and add some unrelated references to Seinfeld and Windows 98 screensavers and Japanese consumerism so they can say "Look mom, I'm a real artist! 26 people listened to 420トラッパーキーパー/新車!SOUP_NAZI.exe today! I made it in 5 minutes! I slowed down some song from the macross plus soundtrack!".

There's thousands of bad soundclouds and bandcamps filled with
this garbage, and most of them come from this site or reddit. None of you stand out, none of you are OPN or Vektroid, none of you will be big or get more than 300 listens from some circlejerking autistic memers just like you. If you want to make music so badly, dedicate your time to learning an actual instrument, or at least learn how to be creative with your sampling. I'm glad this genre's pretty much dead.
>>
>>60955533
insecure? you're the one that's defending it desperately, tryhard
>>
>>60955567
>desperately
back the fuck off faggot, i explained the basics because you're such a fucking ignorant piece of shit who tries to start a fight with anyone who actually tries to teach them new things. kill yourself idiot
>>
>>60955478
>it's tryhard because they're barely trying
logic!
>>
>>60955470
what am I looking at
>>
>>60955564
this pretty much

there's been a few good albums here and there but the genre is too oversaturated with shit

i could see future funk getting really big tho or more 2814 style stuff since that album became a mainstream hit this year
>>
>>60955598
It actually makes sense if that guy worded his sentence correctly. Look at tyler the creator, he builds this persona that he doesn't give a fuck about everything, thus creating this projection that he doesn't try (to be liked etc) at all, then that image makes him a tryhard because people think he doesn't try at all, where in fact he does try, very hard
>>
>>60955470
>>60955478
It's ironic if anything. Apply the same thing you said with hiphop music, change Windows 98 screemsavers and japanese consumerism to guns, bitches, money, cars and there you go with hip-hop subculture. Get off /mu/ you dumb faggots
>>
>>60955564
>I'm glad this genre's pretty much dead.
what
it's not even close to be dead
even more, it gained more popularity.
you're mad as fuck dude, try to calm down.
>>
>>60955653
>even more, it gained more popularity.
thats make it even more dead
>>
>>60955598
I never said they were barely trying, I said in regards to their MUSIC they were barely trying.
They are 'trying' elsewhere. its just not in relation to their music.
>>
>>60955470
I hope they washed their hands
>>
>>60955670
Now you're just dicking around, next time try to stick to your topic faggot.

>Everyone proved me wrong! I need to abandon thread A.S.A.P.! because i'm a little shithead who jacks off to my mom suffering but too shy to admit it
>>
>>60955670
how?
>>60955682
you too calm the fuck down.
>>
99% of the music is bad, but the 1% that's good is really good. It's like a great combo of plunderphonics, city pop, chiptune, dream pop, downtempo, ambient, all these different genres.
>>
>>60955630
The perception of vaporwave producers is the opposite though.

They work really hard to seem like they work really hard when they don't work really hard.

Though actually the vast majority of vaporwave producers clearly don't actually give a fuck. Sure, Saint Pepsi and Macross and Internet Club have shilled their shit but the bulk of it is just bored /mu/tants occasionally cranking out listenable shit.

Plus Eyeliner is clearly just having fun with everything he does.
>>
>>60955598
Yeah it is logic you moronic twat
>>
>>60955470
why are you so tryhard op?
>>
>>60955711
Of course 99% of the music is going to be bad if 17 years old producers think that the genre is only slowing down toto - africa.

also, vaporwave in /mu/ is getting shadowed cuz everybody believes that vaporwave is shit for some reason.
>>
>>60955777
It's getting shadowed because /r/vaporwave is ruining what vaporwave is and is causing Jew Kong City to monetize vaporwave at any means possible.
>>
>>60955649
>imply hip hop is music of value
>>
>>60955567
no, he just explained it is all

fag
>>
>>60955617
2814 is a mainstream hit??
>>
>>60957711
no, he's just retarded.
>>
>>60955470
what is this sport called
>>
>>60955470
i like some vaporwave for that cyberpunk atmosphere at night but i haven't found many albums like that and other than that the genre is mostly ass, not only bad but lazy as fuck
>>
>>60957711
It got into Rolling Stone, but it's not mainstream
>>
>>60955470
what is happening in that pic
>>
>>60957766
It's an Eastern Europe food processing plant, when they don't have any food to process they get to play counter strike,
>>
File: Toy Story Bloke.jpg (56 KB, 500x635) Image search: [Google]
Toy Story Bloke.jpg
56 KB, 500x635
>>60955617
>2814
>mainstream hit
>>
telepath is putting out decent shit atm
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.