[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
White Rappers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: eminem[1].jpg (28 KB, 620x418) Image search: [Google]
eminem[1].jpg
28 KB, 620x418
Is there anything more cringeworthy & awful than white rappers? Not only are corny and make egregious music but a white rapper is cultural appropriation at its finest.
>>
>>60954362
White people who listen to rap and are convinced they are half black
>>
File: 1356743659229.jpg (15 KB, 285x249) Image search: [Google]
1356743659229.jpg
15 KB, 285x249
You do realize that Eminem was raised in the culture that he's apparently "appropriating" right?

It's almost like you think every white person is middle class and from the suburbs or something.

But this is bait anyway, so whatever.
>>
>>60954362
But Eminem is actually good. Being a white rapper doesn't necessarily mean you're appropriating black culture.
>>
Why you talk with an accent?
>>
>>60955330
you fell for the interscope propaganda
>>
eminem actually has skill though

I hate his new music and think a lot of his lyrics are 12 year old angstcore but you can't deny he is a talented rapper.

beastie boys are universally praised by everyone too and they were middle class jew boys from new york.

then you got the cringeworthy "enlightened really makes you think" bullshit most of them do like aesop rock and macklemore or the "tryhard wigger" like slim jesus or yung lean
>>
whiteyz done appropriateds are culture

shieeeeeet
>>
>>60955372
nah, just a guy who likes music and wishes people would stop inventing things to get pissed at each other about
>>
>>60955402

We'll let you keep rap if you give us rock back .

Unlike some of my other brothers, I'm a civilized African-American.
>>
eminem hasn't been good for 15 years
>>
>>60955400
Yung Lean is good though faggot.
>>
0/10 please learn to troll
>>
>>60954362
>cultural appropriation
8^)))
>>
>>60955439
White people took out the soul out of rock. Niggaz aint gonna bump to no rock music now a days.

Prince is God-tier though
>>
Eminem pre-MMLP (and post trying-to-be-Nas) was the greatest rapper of all time, and you really can't convince me otherwise. Ultraviolent body humor set to the most blistering polysyllabic rhymes that have ever been heard. Others have been more groundbreaking and influential, but none have been as good.
>>
>>60955330
He's from Warren, Michigan; not Detroit.
>>
I like Aesop Rock and El-P a lot but I could understand why people would think they'd be cringy
>>
>>60955402
>whiteyz done appropriateds are culture

I'm sure if whites created a music genre (although they haven't in a while) and the entire style and music was white and then spontaneously a deluge of Negroes into the genre occurred you would get upset. No?
>>
>>60955448
he was never good... only song that i replayed with him was that song with royce da 5' 9. and the verse vs lotto on 8 mile
>>
>>60955495
Prince's best stuff sounds so dated though, and has for at least 20 years. His second-best stuff is good, but it's from the earliest part of his career. Rock was made for middle class white suburban dudes, and to say otherwise is just wishful thinking and useless idealism.
>>
>>60955525
>he was never good

This. Eminem's music was always corny and edgy trash for the most part. Even Dre beats he was allowed to spit on were dog shit.
>>
>>60954362
They make me embarrassed to be white. Why any white person would disgrace their European ancestors to imitate the degenerate style of the dregs of America (i.e. African-Americans) is beyond me.
>>
>>60955498
>97% white in 1990
>91% in 2000

you have a point there, anon
>>
>>60955498
don't forget the various towns in Missouri

>I'm sure if whites created a music genre (although they haven't in a while)
lmao are you this retarded
>>
>>60955523
i seriously doubt it would matter to the average white person if a large wave of black indie-folk artists or some shit emerged.

would we ridicule them? absolutely.

would we care about them "stealing" our culture? absolutely not.
>>
File: bandz[1].png (427 KB, 757x384) Image search: [Google]
bandz[1].png
427 KB, 757x384
Best white rapper coming through
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2safGftL1iU
>>
>>60954362
>cultural appropriation

Dropped, you leftist fuck.
>>
>>60955563
>False equivalence
Hmmmmm....
>degenerate
discarded
>>
>>60955400
Aesop is a magnificent lyricist, Faggalla.
>>
>>60955495
nice b8 cracker
>>60955563
this
>>
File: 1440653854232.png (980 KB, 921x1362) Image search: [Google]
1440653854232.png
980 KB, 921x1362
>cultural appropriation
Just kill yourself. I can't come to grips with how this idea fits with the rest of post-marxist thought. I'd understand if it was a nationalist thing but this just seems like some post-colonial guilt bullshit. If you do think caucasians can be held collectively responsible for the faults of our ancestors, apply that to any other group and you'll see how fucking horrid a thought it is.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.