[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is she such shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: Joanna_Newsom.jpg (21 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Joanna_Newsom.jpg
21 KB, 500x375
Why is she such shit?
>>
>>60949534
Music for WoW nerds to get off to and feel cultured. The blandest "artist" I've heard in a while
>>
>>60949589
low effort
>>
>>60949534
Who? You didn't even post a picture anon
>>
Saw her live yesterday, so I can say with some level of authority that you are totally wrong.

I will admit I did not like/get her music at all on the first listen, but once I got used to her vocals I was able to appreciate the immense beauty of her music. She is now one of my favorite artists, but I guess her music is not for everyone
>>
>>60949534
it's cool to like her bland brand of pop shite right now
>>
>>60949589
Only if they masturbate to it
>>
>>60949932
>her live shows are good
>she gets to control every aspect of it and only play her popular songs she knows the audience will like
>you also generally like her music

Wew lad.
>>
You literally cannot watch this woman play the harp live and then say with a straight face that she is shit. At the very least you have to admit that she is extremely talented but the music just doesn't do anything for you
>>
>>60949589
>>60949933
>bland
Call it "generic" next :^)
>>
>>60950064
I guess many (including me) just don't like her quirky voice.
>>
>>60950299
if you havent yet, listen to have one on me holmes

I know people that heard Milk Eyed Mender or even Ys and couldnt stand her voice. The physical makeup of her voice is completely different on HOOM cause she developed vocal cord nodules. Much warmer and more inviting

Try these out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYyhWLufF4g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsuOQLy_wzY
>>
>>60950445
*meant to say those who hated her voice on early work ended up loving her after listening to Ys. Have One On Me is a much better entry point if her voice is a point of contention
>>
>>60950101
it's very peculiar m8, not generic at all, but it's still pretty bland
>>
>>60950466
**after listening to Have One One Me. whoopsie daisy
>>
I honestly think MEM is her best album
>>
FUCK OFF
FUUUUCKKOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
>>
literally the worst voice of a popular musician right now
>>
>>60950445
Her voice is a bit more bearable on the 2 tunes. Definitely, an aquired taste.
>>
>>60950841
*on these
>>
>>60950064
You're right, I can't because I'm not going to pay three figures for a ticket to watch this shrill pixie sloot who makes Barbara Streisand sound like Nina Simone.
>>
>>60951758
...You know you can watch live performances on the internet for free, don't you anon?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.