[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the biggest gap of quality you've seen between
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: booklet 02.jpg (2 MB, 2856x1414) Image search: [Google]
booklet 02.jpg
2 MB, 2856x1414
What's the biggest gap of quality you've seen between a song and its lyrics? Meaning cringe lyrics for a great song, or the opposite.
>>
All the tracks in The Money Store
>>
pretty sure the lyrics for beethovenbro's ode to joy are cringe tier pap
>>
>>60945392
They say people never change, but that's bullshit they doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
>>
most Firewater songs
>>
Agalloch
The cringe is mostly in the delivery but they're still pretty bad.

Most metal bands have terrible lyrics, but there are definitely gems.
>>
Fucking Interpol. Every goddamn song.

Conversely, Warren Zevon was a great songwriter, but most of them just didn't have much of a sound.

Lots of exceptions in both cases, though.
>>
>>60945392
Any song by The Fall of Troy. Awful lyrics, but incredible guitar work.
>>
I was going to say that Bob Dylan writes shitty lyrics, but then I realized he writes shitty music too.
>>
Some Girls are Bigger Than Others

Morrisey fucking up Marr's greatest riff
>>
File: foabp.jpg (114 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
foabp.jpg
114 KB, 800x800
>>60945392
Pretty obvious one
>>
the smiths - some girls are bigger than others
>>
>>60945718
>>60945729
Wow
>>
>>60945718
>>60945729
Those lyrics are amazing.

Literally the definition of 2deep4u.

Either that or you're just triggered hamplanets.
>>
>>60945719
This

Except for Anesthetize

Pretty much all of PT's albums are like that; the lyrical quality is vastly inferior to the musical quality, but there is one song that breaks that trend.
>>
>>60945813
I thought Stupid Dream and Lightbulb Sun era PT was decent lyrics wise
>>
coldplay is pretty big offender of this
>>
File: a3327608028_2.jpg (67 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
a3327608028_2.jpg
67 KB, 350x350
Amazing album but the lyrics are some mallgoth level shit
>>
Periphery - Periphery II
>>
Mr. Bungles first album

The band often gets in the way of Pattons poetry
>>
>>60945713
Obvious b8
>>
>>60945392
Mozart's everything. Most of his stuff with lyrics isn't performed just because of the lyrics. Some of it is performed, but usually just instrumentally. In case you don't know, most of his lyrics were about his weird fetishes, particularly eating feces.

>>60945763
I think that song is about tits and not fat chicks though.
>>
>>60946048
Nah, Morrissey has a thing for fat chicks (when he isn't banging dudes).

Defying all logic and sanity, it's not even his only song about fatties.
>>
File: brian feelson.png (198 KB, 558x594) Image search: [Google]
brian feelson.png
198 KB, 558x594
Pet Sounds
>>
File: meme west.png (4 KB, 416x58) Image search: [Google]
meme west.png
4 KB, 416x58
>>60945392
dozens of Kanye songs. Nearly every song he manages to have excellent production, but rarely ever writes anything of lyrical worth. Talking about Graduation specifically
>>
>>60946026
It's not bait. Bob Dylan is trash.
>>
>>60945709
are you fucking kidding me? you don't enjoy the lyrics for turn on the bright lights? i was gonna quote something but the delivery on all of them is so spot on...
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.