[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>ITT: Classic rock bands
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: nickelback[1].jpg (14 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
nickelback[1].jpg
14 KB, 300x300
>ITT: Classic rock bands
>>
>>60944444
WOEW
>>
I honestly non-ironically enjoy Nickelback a lot. I really don't get the hate, they're not any worse/generic than, say, Foo Fighters or Audioslave or Pearl Jam or something.
>>
QUINTS

NICKELBACK CONFIRMED GREATEST BAND
>>
>>60944535
Honestly, I'd agree with you, it seems irrational, but I really really don't like Nickleback and their cheesiness so I guess it is warranted. They came at that window when all that "pearl jam sound" was becoming nuanced and the general public was becoming immune, bored, and quite frankly annoyed by the style of overexposed music.

Nickelback just came with their boring sound and their safe sterile image at wrong time and the world reacted.

Plus they were over fucking exposed like crazy, and even still years later unwarranted
>>
if nickelback switched places with nirvana regarding the eras they were popular, everyone would like nickelback more
>>
>>60944444

quints confirms, nickleback now GOAT classic rock band
>>
>>60944444
LOOK AT THIS PHOTOGRAPH
>>
>>60944535
They're more generic than Pearl Jam... PJ aren't even that bad, at least they got experimental and changed on every album unlike those other bands you listed.

And while they're no more generic than Foo Fighters or Audioslave their music and lyrics are pure shit. More simplistic, less creative and those fucking lyrics!
>>
>>60945605

yeah the lyrics aren't very good but they are catchy as hell, the fact is Nickelback knows how to write a great hook even if it is just pop.
>>
>>60945636
>as of its just pop
It literally is tho
>>
>>60945083
Naw too cheesy
>>
>>60944535
Foo Fighters aren't even all that great but holy fuck as bad as Nickelback? Generic tends to be a hard-to-describe term but for me at least it's pretty clear that Nickelback may just be the worst band to hit popular music. Songs like "Photograph," "Rockstar," or really anything they've ever made besides maybe "How You Remind Me" are easily some of the worst rock songs ever made.

With Ten Pearl Jam showed that they could pull off a phenomenal album, and despite the over-exposure that has followed it, it still holds up. And even though Foo Fighters haven't released a good album since, The Colour and the Shape is actually pretty fantastic and proves that they had some great songs in them.

Nickelback, on the other hand, could never release a half-decent album to save their lives. Every album has to have the obligatory "waaaah so sad" song, the "I'm a redneck stud" song, and, well, ten more "I'm a redneck stud" songs.

I legitimately cannot understand how anyone could like this band. Not that you can't like what you like or anything, but I just cannot wrap my head around it. This band is truly atrocious, and one of the "it's mainstream to hate this band" bands that really deserves all the flack they get. They are fucking horrible.
>>
>>60945636
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfB_K4RGtDo

COCA COLA ROLLER COASTER
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.