[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's with all the love for Stariway to Heaven? It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
What's with all the love for Stariway to Heaven? It's more or less become an incredibly cliché rock song now.
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 534x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 534x640
>escalator to hell
>>
you really opened my eyes wow anon FUCKING WOW
>>
>>60942805
It's a meme song. Good, but no higher than the 5th best song on it's album.
>>
>>60942805
It's just there. Complaining about Stairway to Heaven being overrated is just as cliche as calling it the best song ever. Let's just acknowledge it as a thing that exists.
>>
>>60942805
the thing that invented the cliche can't be cliche you fucking monghead
>>
>>60942973
>become
>>
It's a good song
>>
>>60942846
no fuck you
>>
Child in Time > Stariway to Heaven
>>
I was explaining it to my father the other day:

people over react to it, and hype it as fuck, because they have probably never heard any "classic rock" or even just plain rock, or progressive rock album. And that's because they enjoy pop and they listen to the radio, which puts always stairway to heaven up.

It's probably the most "pop" oriented classic rock that can achieve that high pedestal that poptimistic always care about: it has an ok arpeggio (which for most people it's the only guitar arpeggio they will ever hear), it has a classic chord progression, it has a classic nice and safe solo with a classic guitar scale.

I mean fuck, stair way to heaven it's like babby first rock, but even worse: it's so safe that any actually rock song makes it appear to be made for a child.

here's a random song I like so much more:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8w3emvHepgU
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.