[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kanye West Admits that Drake Is The Number One
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: theyknowTHEYKNOW.jpg (75 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
theyknowTHEYKNOW.jpg
75 KB, 640x640
In his speech, West discusses his personal inspirations and details the importance of collaboration.

"One of my biggest problems, one of my biggest Achille’s heels has been my ego," the rapper says to the audience. "And if I, Kanye West, the very person, can remove my ego, I think there’s hope for everyone."

He says that Drake is someone who helped him readjust his way of thinking.

"I think that that’s been a progression of mind with the advent of a human being named Drake," West says. "You know, this idea of holding onto a #1 spot. And then you get this guy that comes and blows out the water every record of any band ever. Be it me or Paul McCartney. And at the point, you know, when you’ve lost the idea of holding onto that concept, you can leave the mountaintop finally, and walk down, and readjust, and see what your position on earth can be."

The Toronto rapper passed The Beatles last year and now has the eighth-most for the eighth-most songs of all time on Billboard's Hot 100 chart. In March, he tied the group's record for most singles charting at a time with 14. Drake has now had 100 songs that have reached the chart.

Kanye West won Best Rap Album at the 2011 Grammy Awards for My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. The next year, Drake took home the award with Take Care.

http://hiphopdx.com/news/id.36578/title.kanye-west-details-how-drakes-success-helped-him

http://wordonroad.net/interview/kanye-west-admits-drake-1-mc-game-video/
>>
Drake is a shit overrated rapper
>>
File: IMG_9517.jpg (87 KB, 640x642) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9517.jpg
87 KB, 640x642
"They know, they know, they know. That the real is on the rise, fuck that other guys."

How one man can be so based?

6 God not even give a chance to his enemies. This is crazy.
>>
>>60942020
No, Drake is just a better rapper than your favorite shit rapper, deal with it you fucking faggot.
>>
>>60941993
what a time to be alive
>>
>>60942020
water is wet
>>
I dont know wether to laugh or cry at the fact that these legit talentless hacks dominate mainstream music and think they are actually adding to music history
>>
>>60942246
>tripfag
opinion discarded
>>
>>60942246
My favourite rapper can write his own raps and doesn't need someone to show him how to rap after ten years in the industry
>>
>>60942566
Here comes the Drakehater with the repetitive KTT-tier bullshit.

Drake writes his own raps and gives credit for the co-writers.

Hes not a Kanye that got complete verses wrote by Consequence, Cihy da Prince and Rhymefest.
>>
>>60942513
Commercial /mainstream pop music is not a that chart /mu/core.
>>
>>60942566
>>60942536
>they're replying to him
>they bumped the thread to reply to him
anons pls
>>
>>60941993
dude, he said that shit like last year. get with the time gramps.
>>
>>60943682
Said it recently at an Oxford lecture http://hiphopdx.com/news/id.36578/title.kanye-west-details-how-drakes-success-helped-him
>>
Drake is evidence that if you stick for long enough and know the right ppl, you'll succeed in the end.
He was horrible for 90% of his career, now he finally picked up a few trick from working with artists more talented than him.
>>
>>60944098
amazing what hard work do
>>
>>60944098
Nah, he's just half-black and half-Jewish with a lot of producers and record label representatives in his family.
>>
>>60944098
Hes not bad, but the way he come out of that actor life to the music life was amazing. That was some Disney star thing. Like Hannah Montana to Miley Cyrus, Selena, Justin Timberlake...
>>
>>60941993
Drake is boring.
>>
>>60942513
>>60943631
>>60944098
Music is never about how good you are, but who you know in the biz, and who's gnarled purple cock you are willing to suck.
>>
>>60945623
>>60945623

>Music is never about how good you are, but who you know in the biz

Very true, there are a 3 billion better musicians than Charlie Puth but he$ got literally planted in the mu$ic industry, because $.
>>
>>60945681
>but he$ got literally planted in the mu$ic industry, because $.

Bullshit, he was on some sort of casting couch at some point. We musicians are prostitutes. And the whores that are the exploitable ones are those who get the green.

You think this shit comes for free nigga?
>>
File: 6god-billboard-twilight.png (812 KB, 1140x400) Image search: [Google]
6god-billboard-twilight.png
812 KB, 1140x400
Another win. Jesus.

Drake made the most viral successful Billboard of ALL TIME.

http://clearchannel.ca/drake-viral-billboard/
>>
#Drake2020

This man popularity is growing. He can do it, imagine... He previews it on "Energy" video.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.