[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this his most underrated album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 808s_&_Heartbreak.png (63 KB, 300x299) Image search: [Google]
808s_&_Heartbreak.png
63 KB, 300x299
Is this his most underrated album?
>>
no, a lot of ppl like it
>>
it's not underrated thesedays
in fact now it's become overrated because of the sheer amount of thinkpieces and comments about how underrated it is
>>
i think it was on release
but realistically, 7 years later, now that half of the hip-hop industry sounds exactly like it, people are starting to realize how genius and forward-thinking it was
>>
File: yeezus-new-cover.jpg (335 KB, 1446x1267) Image search: [Google]
yeezus-new-cover.jpg
335 KB, 1446x1267
He doesn't have an underrated album. Every single album Kanye has put out has a significant percentage of fans, who believe that it is his best album.

Personally, Yeezus is his best and most underrated album.
>>
>>60935695
Yeezus got too much initial hype to be considered underrated; plus it was more of a response to current music than a predictor of it like 808s; it won't be considered influential

Even with the reappraisal happening, 808s is still his most underrated. Late Registration is definitely the most overrated
>>
it's not underrated if it FUCKING SUCKS
>>
>>60935695
Yeezus literally couldn't get enough praise, I mean have you looked at fucking Pitchfork? There are people literally calling Yeezus the most ground breaking album in hip hop period. Only faggy contrarians disagreed with that albums quality, like me. I liked his industrial influences but overall it felt like an even more accessible Money Store.
>>
>>60935695
Yeezus is fun but I just cant see it as objectively his best
It just contradicts so much

Lat Registration I'd say more objectively
>>
808 was a disappointment after how stellar Graduation was. Plus all that terrible autotune made most of the songs suck.
Yeezus was good but its apparent Kanya was vampirin Travis Scott for inspiration
>>
>>60936113
>808 was a disappointment after how stellar Graduation was.

literally the opposite of this. Graduation was a disappointment and he went a completely new direction with 808s and it completely worked out. all of the current hip hop themes of emotional fragility clashing with ego were fathered by 808s and MBDTF the evolution of 808s)
>>
>>60935651
nah. it's not very good.
>>
>>60935651
Street Lights, Love Lockdown, and Say You Will are all GOAT Kanye songs.
>>
>>60936113
this is such a dumbass thing people say, nothing that travis scott had released at that time sounded anything like yeezus
>>
>>60936113
>>60938145
you could have at least said death grips or grime, which it actually apes
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.