[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>there are people on /mu/ who seriously respect this fat bastard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6
File: anthony_9292[1].jpg (14 KB, 263x312) Image search: [Google]
anthony_9292[1].jpg
14 KB, 263x312
>there are people on /mu/ who seriously respect this fat bastard

Why? His opinions are shit and are no more credible than the average shitposter on here.
>>
le whacky video editing
>>
he's sexy
>>
he appeals to the gamergate crowd
>>
I have a neutral respect for him. I think his taste is a little shitty. However, i have found some decent albums though his recommendations. Also, it is fun watching him poorly or greatly critique (it varies, 66% time it is not the latter.) albums i hate or love. And extremely fun when he bashes an album made by an artist with a diehard fanbase (eg. Kanye West), and reading all the angry comments.
Overall, i am feeling a strong 5 to a light 6 on Melon head.
>>
>>60934591
Trannnnsssss....ition
>>
File: ZdtVtJB.jpg (32 KB, 1152x864) Image search: [Google]
ZdtVtJB.jpg
32 KB, 1152x864
>>60934497
>having opinions
>>
>>60934456
I watch his videos and disagree alot but still listen to what he has to say, he isn't totally as stupid as /mu/ makes him out to be.

Also hate his bullshit editing shit, trying to be cute or some shit.
>>
I fucking hate this dude too
>>
>>60934826

/thread
>>
>>60934456

He's more of an entertainer than a critic and that's fine. He has an audience and most people who shit on him, Insult him, etc. are cringeworthy since they can't deal with other people liking things they don't like. Grow the fuck up. However, I don't think that he's stupid but I think that his opinions aren't exactly great , not because of the things he likes but because of the way he expresses his opinions. Seems like a fun guy to hang out with tho
>>
he's entertaining, he's knowledgeable, he's funny, and he has good opinions a lot of the time. I don't think he's any better than the rest of us, but he always has something interesting and constructive to say.
>>
>>60934826
yes but i think our question is: why would you waste your time listening to this fag?
>>
His descriptive words for albums sometimes gets just too pretentious but he's not terrible. I disagree a lot with what he says and he's a living meme but he also makes fanboys insanely mad and got me to listen to Nick Cave.

He's meh.
>>
>>60934456
He's just well-spoken and for the most part knows what he's talking about.
His ratings are usually influenced by his personal opinions more often than not but if you take that into consideration his reviews aren't bad.

Consider the source in anything you take in, especially anything based on personal preferences of course.
>>
File: average mu user.png (1 MB, 955x753) Image search: [Google]
average mu user.png
1 MB, 955x753
I do it for the memes.
>>
I care because other people care. Watching his reviews has value because other people discuss them. I don't care about music enough to watch independent of his influence probably.

There are movie critiques that I am interested in the opinion of completely independent of their influence though
>>
File: 1385996003072.jpg (25 KB, 400x283) Image search: [Google]
1385996003072.jpg
25 KB, 400x283
>>60934789
>opinions
>automatically right
>>
I only watch the rating usually if I just want some new music fast and don't bother searching for long. I don't really get much out of "the riffs and drums really complement each other well and..."
>>
>>60936026
go home
>>
>>60934456
He could probably take you in a fight.
>>
File: image.jpg (176 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
176 KB, 640x1136
damn...
>>
WAHHH! SOMEONE HAS A DIFFERENT OPINION THAN ME! WAHHHH! I AM PATRICIAN WAHH!
>>
>>60934456
His opinion is important.

Try again hater.
>>
>>60937233
b8
>>
>>60936099
Hello reddit
>>
I don't always agree with him(like with any critic) but his reviews are well written and he also has a nice voice
>>
He clearly explains his opinion, he takes great pains to assert that it is just his opinion and reviews a wide range of well known and not so well known artists, which is why I dont find him pretentious like a lot of other "music critics." I've never let a review of his degrade my opinion of an artist or album I love, but he has convinced me to revist certain artists I initially wrote off and found a new appreciation for. He also has introduced me to a lot of cool shit.

I don't get the butt hurt about him. Just a dude who likes music talking about it. Fug
>>
remember when he used to go outside and yell at trees in the beginning of his videos?
>>
>>60934497
>he doesn't support radical feminism
>he must be le evil misogynist boogeyman
>>
>>60934485
its past your bedtime fantano
>>
>>60938071
>reaching that far
wew fa.m
>>
he knows nothing about music but i respect his big melon head
>>
File: 1449749192901.jpg (119 KB, 1078x878) Image search: [Google]
1449749192901.jpg
119 KB, 1078x878
>>
>>60937842
I hate him he's a complete cunt
>>
>tfw fantano answered your twitter question on his live stream yesterday :)

disagreed with him not liking the wipers tho :(
>>
>>60936099
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>60938301
but he's probably heard 3 times as much music as you have
>>
>>60934456
I dropped him after he gave gubbermint plates a 6 tbqh famille
>>
Hes right most of times.

And Fantano got these Kanyeposters and KidCuntposters mad af.

Speedin' bullets to heaven is a 0/10
and MBDTF is no more than an mediocre album.
>>
>>60938740
Wrong
>>
>>60934644
/thread
>>
>>60934497
>>>/v/
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>60937460
Hello there reddit!
>>
>>60934456
he still reccs some good music that is new
>>
I don't think there's people who respect him. Rather they trust him as a basis for what they like. Guy who isn't afraid to like fun, poppy shit while having a broad music taste often might share what I like as well.

What's more memey is disagreeing with a guy who literally writes, "ya'll know this is just my opinion, right?" at the end of each description.

I disagree with him a lot, doesn't mean it matters. No one gives a shit about any of us. We're worthless.
>>
>>60938606
doesn't make him more knowledgeable about it. just listening to music is the path with the least effort to take to "appreciate" music.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.