[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get signed to a record label? Live performance? Do I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 1307x1960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 1307x1960
How do I get signed to a record label? Live performance? Do I send an EP or demo somewhere? If so where?
>>
how's your gag reflex?
>>
zombo.com

send your demos there, they're pretty good
>>
What kind of label? Major? Good luck with that, fuckboi. If you're looking for a small label I'm sure there's tons in your state. But first I got to ask what does getting signed to a label mean to you? Why do you want to do this?
>>
>>60934385
Small label is fine to start. I'm just looking to be able to get my music career to pay for itself at this point
>>
>>60934517

it's going to be a long road before that starts happening. Do you have professional looking css/tapes/records? How far along is this project of yours and what type of music?
>>
Know someone who's already signed to one or affiliated with one
>>
>>60934517
>I'm just looking to be able to get my music career to pay for itself at this point

lmfaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
>>
>>60934600
I have a few CDs so far and I have a full EP recorded and released. It's math rock/post rock
>>
>tfw op thinks being signed to a label will pay his rent make lots of moniez
>>
>>60934797

The point is you got to have a product first. since you're asking how to get on a label I'm going to guess that your cd's were burned from your home computer. How was the recording/mixing?

What you need to do is play around in your area and network/make friends as much as you possibly can. This means at least weekly shows somewhere. Don't turn down anything unless you have a better option. And rock the house every fucking time. Try to play as much as you can in the nearest big city and continue networking. Eventually you will run into the right people that can help you get signed to a label. Really the only thing you're looking for is networking opportunities. So the best thing you can do is be a friendly dude and eventually you'll make friends with people that are headed in your same direction.
>>
>>60934993
to add to that, if you're music sucks and you play/record sloppy then you have absolutely no chance of getting anywhere. practice and make sure all notes are hit perfectly.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.