[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to like flac...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: flac.jpg (6 KB, 204x204) Image search: [Google]
flac.jpg
6 KB, 204x204
But 3x the size for an alleged audio improvement over 320 bitrate mp3s and spotty compatibility across devices makes it kind of a no-go.

Convince me anon
>>
>>60933041
No, please don't be convinced. You are a level-headed rational human, you don't need this "audiophile" pseudo-science.

Don't let them get to you
>>
It's really just for archival purposes. Unless you have some really good quality equipment, you probably won't even notice the difference.
>>
>>60933069
Ahh, so it is bullshit. That makes me feel better - btw I am not bragging but I'm a professional violinist and I can't really hear any difference. Esp on 99% of car & home stereos and c'mon... earbuds really?
>>
>>60933112
The good equipment meme, he needs God tier ears first.
>>
>>60933041
Hearing the difference now isn’t the reason to encode to FLAC. FLAC uses lossless compression, while MP3 is ‘lossy’. What this means is that for each year the MP3 sits on your hard drive, it will lose roughly 12kbps, assuming you have SATA – it’s about 15kbps on IDE, but only 7kbps on SCSI, due to rotational velocidensity. You don’t want to know how much worse it is on CD-ROM or other optical media.

I started collecting MP3s in about 2001, and if I try to play any of the tracks I downloaded back then, even the stuff I grabbed at 320kbps, they just sound like crap. The bass is terrible, the midrange…well don’t get me started. Some of those albums have degraded down to 32 or even 16kbps. FLAC rips from the same period still sound great, even if they weren’t stored correctly, in a cool, dry place. Seriously, stick to FLAC, you may not be able to hear the difference now, but in a year or two, you’ll be glad you did.
>>
>>60933211
the fuck is this lol
>>
>>60933211
I guess, but if my mp3 is shite - I'll just buy it again or torrent it or whatevs... compared to the casettes I grew up with i just couldn't be arsed
>>
>>60933345
HARD DRIVES DON'T HAVE A FUCKING HALF LIFE DON'T BELIEVE HIS LIES.
>>
>>60933211
It's fucking hilarious how many people believe this every time it gets posted

More proof that the average age of a /mu/ user is 16
>>
>>60933383
umm, yeah, that doesn't even make sense - I was thinking how that could even happen.
cd's do though - especially when they fall out of their case and get encrusted with mountain dew and cheet-o crumbs under my car seat
>>
have fun with your loosy compressed mp3s, you pleb faggots
>>
>>60933069

fucking pleb
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.