[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is the super amazing industrial band everyone raves about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 20 Jazz funk greats.jpg (61 KB, 260x260) Image search: [Google]
20 Jazz funk greats.jpg
61 KB, 260x260
This is the super amazing industrial band everyone raves about on here? Most of this album is either ambient, ambient electronic, or synthpop. I expected something more, I guess
>>
They were around before industrial became a codified genre you pleb
>>
>>60931282
But Throbbing Gristle are often hailed as having an extremely significant influence on industrial
>>
>>60931224
Check out First Annual Report, my personal fav. I get where you are coming from OP. While still very good, Jazz Funk is my least fav TG album cause it sounds like things I've already heard.
>>
It's not really the most representative of their output
>>
File: 115382800.jpg (213 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
115382800.jpg
213 KB, 1024x1024
>>60931224
listen to this then m80
>>
>>60931224
this is my favorite by them, but their first few are more industrial and less synthy
>>
>>60931224

go back to your nine inch nails you shitter
>>
>>60931224
That's their pop album

But honestly half of that album is unsettling as fuck how can you call it 'mostly electropop'
>>
TG were actually a rather extreme example of industrial music, because they didn't adopt any kind of pop accessibility until the initial split. As a result, they have very little in common with the EBM side of industrial.
Psychic TV and Coil are comparatively more accessible and more conventionally industrial sounding.
>>
I love how people exaggerate by calling really-really-not-pop-music "pop".
>>
File: 1398890373117.jpg (124 KB, 500x740) Image search: [Google]
1398890373117.jpg
124 KB, 500x740
"Industrial" isn't really a music genre, even though it is applied as such.

At least in the case of Throbbing Gristle, industrial was more of an multimedia art movement focusing on transgression and subversion. A very strong emphasis was on the performance.

While much of their music may not sound like the boogeyman they've been built up to believe, try to picture it playing while two people are on stage giving each other vomit enemas or the singer is being literally nailed to a cross.

Also songs like Hamburger Lady are solidly within the realms of "industrial", even though "industrial" is used more as an adjective for more conventionally rock, metal. or electronic acts that incorporate elements of the industrial movement.
>>
>>60933789
This. Live TG was best TG.
Good thing they have more live albums than they do studio amirite?
>>
>>60933842
Don't remind me. Getting all of those was torture.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.