[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mu/, have you ever had to miss a great show/gig/concert?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 17
File: 1449288712108.png (412 KB, 540x468) Image search: [Google]
1449288712108.png
412 KB, 540x468
/mu/, have you ever had to miss a great show/gig/concert?
>>
File: disdain.jpg (25 KB, 400x462) Image search: [Google]
disdain.jpg
25 KB, 400x462
>show/gig/cconcert
ummmm no.. i go to performances
>>
>>60930738
I missed seeing Earth in my town, bummed about that
>>
>>60930738
I missed Paradise Lost recently because of exams
>>
>>60930738
too many, it just hapens
>>
File: carlos.png (138 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
carlos.png
138 KB, 350x350
>>60930919
where do you live? in another galaxy?
>>
>>60930738
I missed Death Grips because I read the date wrong and showed up the day after.
>>
Last year nmh played like ten minutes from me and I planned on going with a friend but he backed out last minute and I couldn't get a ride . Then this year they said they were taking a break from touring after one more tour that didn't even stop in my state
>>
missed three days grace and almost choked on my mountain dew
>>
Had the opportunity to see Sunn O))). But I was 16 at the time and my parents wouldn't let me do anything.

>tfw they won't do an actual tour and will only play obscure european festivals until they break up
>>
I missed NMH in January of '14 because I wouldn't come back from visiting my home country until a week after.

I missed Death Grips last summer for the same reason.
>>
>>60930970
Fucking carlos
>>
>>60930971
2/2

It sucks too because I was all decked out in my black skinnies and shirtless top and even had a printout of a DG meme I was going to give to Ride.
>>
File: image.jpg (84 KB, 1199x680) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84 KB, 1199x680
>>60930971
>>
missed of Montreal to move into my dorm and meet my roommates. It was fun and they're good friends now so I don't regret the choice. Still would've like to see Kevin Barnes in person though
>>60930971
DAMN
>>
>>60931031
Same, only difference was I was on a trip in Canada, and they came literally the day I was returning from my flight.
>>
Missed my favorite band from high school's (The Academy Is..) reunion tour this past weekend because of work.
>>
File: sweetsleep1443416506784.png (881 KB, 1036x823) Image search: [Google]
sweetsleep1443416506784.png
881 KB, 1036x823
a few years ago my neighbor had a house show that mac demarco showed up to and sang at. i never got the invite, and spent the evening getting drunk with a friend from out of town that i only sorta liked. fucking bummed.
>>
>>60930738
I'm missing Big Boi because the free rsvp sold out the fucking moment they went on sale. Also missed Godspeed You! because I was already going to a festival that had FIDLAR, Twin Shadow, Ben Howard and Alabama Shakes playing. [spoiler]which was worth it desu[/spoiler]
>>
>>60931111
Why? You could've come on a Monday or come on a Tuesday, they'd never know.
>>
I guess Arca last week since I didn't realize the show's doors didn't even open until 10 PM, and with Arca headlining, he probably wouldn't play until 1:30AM.

With a full-time job, that's a hard-sell for a Thursday night.
>>
I missed a performance of Prelude to the Afternoon of a Faun and Symphonie Fantastique by the Cleveland Orchestra.

They're fairly popular pieces so I'll probably be able to listen to them live sometime again though.
>>
>>60930738

I missed Rush last year

A nigga had to work

why live?
>>
>>60930738
I missed Unknown Mortal Orchestra a few days ago
>>
>>60931223
condolences
>>
i was supposed to see saycet in paris, i was so happy
then my father told me "we have a family dinner and i want you to be there"
i told him that i absolutely had to go to this concert but he didn't agree
finally i stayed home, alone and sad listening to saycet
>>
A ton of great acts hit my area, but I was underage and I had helicopter parents so I couldn't go to any of them.

Come the time I can do shit without asking for permission and money, people magically avoid my area like the plague.
>>
>>60931446
>going out to a show
>in france
ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?
>>
File: image.jpg (103 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103 KB, 640x640
>>60930738
>I'm gonna miss both of the Animal Collective gigs in LA this weekend

Sad
>>
>>60931742
that was 4 years ago, terrorist didn't exist at this time
>>
>>60930738
Missed Jay Reatard
Biggest of Regrets
>>
File: 1446875542527.png (204 KB, 474x474) Image search: [Google]
1446875542527.png
204 KB, 474x474
>King Crimson comes near my shithole by some miracle
>Tickets sell out while I scrounge up money
>Can't afford to pay the scalper tax
>>
>>60930919
which show? I saw them in chicago back in september and it was quite lit
>>
I learned about AJJ literally a week before they played in my town, and I missed their concert. Luckily I got to see them in Orlando a few weeks ago though.
>>
Missed Hum with Failure this summer
>>
i bought a ticket to riot fest toronto but got depressed and didnt go like a bitch
to be fair Drive Like Jehu was literally the only band I was excited to see
>>
File: Clipboard01.jpg (32 KB, 638x440) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard01.jpg
32 KB, 638x440
Missed rush last summer. Never got to see them before that, now I never will
>>
>>60931880
I managed to catch Hum, it's a bummer that Failure wasn't on the bill for my town
>>
>>60930971
this is such a death grips fan thing to do
>>
>tfw you found out joanna would be playing in toronto too late
> tfw all the tickets are sold out
>>
missed OPN and arca down in LA :(
>>
I bought a ticket to Death Grips then literally forgot all about it
>>
i missed finding out about two container shows by a hair before i got to see him
>>
>>60931833
Madison
>>
At my first and only Death Grips concert I got pushed out of my front-row spot by a fat sweaty fuck with long hair, so I was pushed into the mosh pit where I was kicked in the stomach and then stepped on. Had to spend the entire time in the bathroom trying not to hurl
>>
>>60930971
>>60932419
>death grips fans being stupid as fuck
>>60932934
>death grips fans being major pussies

wow, i'm not surprised in the least
>>
>>60932992
>major pussies
wow lol i got knocked over in a mosh pit by a hyperactive 16 year old football player and no one helped me up until I got kicked in the stomach and head, lol i'm such a P U S S Y
>>
>>60932934
At my first Death Grips show I got on stage and started to headbang then got pushed off the stage by MC Ride and everyone cheered.
>>
File: CItA9OaUwAAq8v0.jpg (24 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
CItA9OaUwAAq8v0.jpg
24 KB, 480x640
>>60930738
I heard that Neutral Milk Hotel were playing at a festival in my country, and I was really hoping for a sideshow. I heard a few weeks later that they were no longer playing at the festival, so I assumed they would not be coming at all and forgot all about it. They ended up touring for the sideshow gigs anyway and played at a small and intimate venue. I had no idea until a few months after the gig and I still feel bad.
>>
>>60933025
>not being able to handle the mosh pit
case in point
>>
>>60933088
Usually people are nice and help you up when you fall or even start to fall

But I guess I'm just a pussy, what do I know
>>
>>60930738
I have to miss American Football in Seattle because I'm going to play with my combo in a jazz festival.

I also have to miss Unknown Mortal Orchestra for GY!BE because they both play on jan 29 in Seattle.

Dont even get me fucking started on all the 21+ shows I've wanted to go to
>>
>>60933120
I guess so
>>
>>60931824
why didnt you just buy it you jew
>>
>>60933025
>>60933120
Death Grips fans are awful. In the Wavves mosh pit I lost my shoe and a everyone was really nice and helped me find it.
>>
>>60933179
They really are. I thought the whole "it will just be highschoolers" thing was a meme but it was seriously all short white boys with baseball caps and shorts who would only dance or seem to recognize songs from TMS and earlier
>>
>>60933179
I once lost a shoe in a pit and the people near me formed a circle around me until I got it back on :3
>>
a festival with gojira, faith no more, soad and a lot of other shit that i dont remember a few months ago, it was fucking expensive and i didnt have any shit
>>
I bought tickets to see Chelsea Light Moving but I lost my ride at the last second and couldn't find another ride. I bought a ticket to see Death Grips in Boston but the same thing happened. I got to see Death Grips in NY though so I'm happy.
>>
>>60930738
The Yeezus tour's Columbus show got canceled. I'm still bitter
>>
>never gone to a concert in my life
>bought tickets for AnCo concert in LA 2013 month after college semester started
>get syllabus for cinema history (needed art GE)
>Midterm is the same fucking night as concert

oh well
>>
>>60933390
fuck I mean month before
>>
>>60933390
At least you can see them now, since the're going on tour next year
>>
>>60930738
I missed Death In June last Friday because the show was 5 hours away. ;__;
>>
File: tumblr_n04eqldXir1rcgmdoo1_500.jpg (15 KB, 500x368) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n04eqldXir1rcgmdoo1_500.jpg
15 KB, 500x368
I missed a Diplo concert on the day before Halloween. My ex told me to sell the ticket. I still have it.
>>
File: 1432259490310[1].jpg (68 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1432259490310[1].jpg
68 KB, 700x700
>>60933489
too busy with uni and research

I weep till the day I can find a stable job with my eventual degree
>>
>>60933373
Also...
Kendrick was in Columbus the same weekend that I had a show of my own there in October. I would have stayed an extra day, but my friend and I both had work, so...
>tfw nobody comes to Cincinnati so I always have to travel
>>
>>60933153

I'm super fucking poor, anon.
>>
File: 617jgnch2l.jpg (72 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
617jgnch2l.jpg
72 KB, 500x500
True fucking story. Had two tickets to go see Cage the Elephant live, but the time comes, and A) had no one else to see them with, and B) got sick, so I decided to stay home and watch the academy awards sick in bed.

Months later, I find out while browsing in an F.Y.E. that the VERY SAME CONCERT I had tickets to was filmed and put on dvd (pic related).

It hurts just typing this story.
>>
>>60933640
They had a free show in my town a couple of years ago, I decided not to go since I thought I was above all that radio rock bullshit (I was much more of an asshole back then). Little did I know Foals opened for them (who I actually did like at that time and still do) and also all my friends ended up going and they said the show was great. Major fuck up on my end in retrospect.
>>
File: 14454083234.jpg (41 KB, 429x360) Image search: [Google]
14454083234.jpg
41 KB, 429x360
>reaaally likes le Cure's song "Show me show me showme" and boi dont cry
>never knew other songs because lolwhateva
>"!!the cure in CONCERT FOR the first time!" say my friend
>"wew why i would pay for listen two songs"
>days later i listened the playlist of my friend on the pc
>desintegration
>fall in love inmediately with the album. listen all day for months

fuu
>>
>>60933782
you really fucked up. they're touring next year and hopefully I'll get a date near me, you can only hope for that too.
>>
File: Deftones-logo-1600-1200.jpg (149 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Deftones-logo-1600-1200.jpg
149 KB, 1600x1200
I was going to go see Deftones at the Bataclan with my friends but I didn't have enough money to go. We was planning on traveling to Paris a day before to check out the venue and get drunk (i live in lyons). Rest of my friends went because they're not poor like me luckily they were away from all the chaos. Sometimes it good to be poor :)
>>
>>60930738
I missed seeing deadmau5 on the 4 x 4 tour because I was still in school at the time and it was on a weeknight so my parents wouldn't let me go :T
>>
>>60933640
Probably didn't miss out on much mate. CtE aren't good.
>>
>>60933900
That's some shit. dude. glad to know y'all are well. I also missed out on Deftones, twice: once in 2012, car broke down on my way to the show, would've probably gotten a ride if the show were near but I was driving to another state since that was that closest show I could find. Second time was this year since I forgot the they were paying in my state, granted it was still two hours away but still. Me and a friend of mine were bummed when we found out we missed the date.

They've been one of my favorite bands since middle school and I really hope to catch them before they call it quits.
>>
>>60930970
SAVAGE BRUH
>>
>>60930738

Yes I had to miss Galaxie in Montreal this year because I was so sick I had to go to the emergency

local franco rock band
>>
>>60930738
just missed Viet Cong because it was a 19+ show and I'm a fucking month away from 19

turns out my fucking friend (also underage) just messaged the drummer asking if he could get in and got the fuck in the show and was able to hang and get dinner with the drummer as a result

fuck my fucking pleb ass
>>
>>60934357
>19+ show
since when are these a thing? I thought it was only 18+ and 21+
>>
File: untitled.png (125 KB, 279x256) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
125 KB, 279x256
>>60934419
Because shows should be age-restrictive inclusive.
>>
>>60934419
legal drinking age in ontario is 19+, as a result a lot of bars lock shows out as 19+ so people who go will ONLY be people buying alcohol, hence giving the venue more cash
>>
>>60930738
Missed Death Grips in Boston because I knew it would just be memes.
>>
>>60934357
>tfw I actually live in Alberta
>tfw missed them when they were in Edmonton
At least it's a band that I can guarantee will be back.
>>
>>60934540
totally true, and while it doesn't mean anything for the music, it just would've been really cool to see them perform all of their S/T while they're still actually named Viet Cong
>>
>>60934609
Yeah, I'm really sad they chose to give up that name, I thought it was a really good one. Fuck the SJWs who whined about it, but I guess it's the band's choice in the end. I've been meaning to ask a Vietnamese friend what she thinks of it though, so maybe there's some base to it.
>>
>>60931918
they're an awful band so don't beat yourself up about it to bad, kid.
>>
>>60934656
Not a single one of feminist or so-called "SJW" friends has had an issue with it; I think it was a typical case of a minority yelling about it. Nobody I knew who was vietnamese had an issue with it either.

Enh, what are you gonna do. Really loved the name but I guess this is what's gonna happen. If I were the band I probably would have made the same choice given they'd been rejected at a couple gigs, to be honest. It's hard enough to make money as a fairly small band as it is.
>>
Missed Sniper 66 because The Casualties were head lining. Ended up ignoring the post, because fuck The Casualties.
>>
>>60934772
Well, I didn't ever get around to reading the whole story, but I figured it must have been some college group. One second thought though, it might actually be older people from Vietnam who experienced the Viet Cong first or second hand, and being older might not get the whole idea behind choosing that name. At any rate judging a band based on their name isn't a great thing to do, at least they're a solid band.
>>
>>60934921
very true. life goes on, they'll still keep making great music. what can you do, right?
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.