[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What EXACTLY is wrong with this album? >inb4 niggers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: ToPimpAButterfly.0.jpg (83 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
ToPimpAButterfly.0.jpg
83 KB, 600x600
What EXACTLY is wrong with this album?
>inb4 niggers
>>
>>60929535
It's ok, but kinda overrated due to highly topical subject matter
>>
>>60929535
It's hip-hop
>>
>>60929535
It's hip-hop.
>>
the last third is much weaker then the first two
>>
I only have small gripes. Anyone claiming to have large problems with the record is bullshitting you. There's a reason you can't find a single negative review of the album.
>>
It's not THAT bad, it's just incredibly overrated.
>>
>>60929590
>>60929574
Not my fault "rock" peaked in the early 90s. White people gotta catch up.
>>
>>60929877
rock peaked in late 50s- mid 60s everything's just downhill from there.
>>
It's really good and deserves to be remembered as a classic, but it's not as innovative as people are saying. Nothing sounds like Kendrick now, but 20 years ago this was done just as well by several artists.
>>
>>60929877
Not my fault "rap" is the newest major genre of music and already exhausted in creativity and originality. Black people only want they money.
>>
File: 1400468389931.gif (1 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1400468389931.gif
1 MB, 200x200
>>60929912
>>60929877
>rock" peaked in the early 90s
lol

>mfw "rap" peaked in the 90s
>mfw it's not even close to the level of rock's "peak"
>>
>>60929616
>>60929644
These are right. Also /mu/ users don't want really popular albums to be patrician because then anyone with access to a radio can have the patrish taste they've been working so hard for. So every time this is posted, there's a ton of people jumping on saying it's stupid white guilt shit.

Also there's no white guilt on this album. It's about issues within the community.
>>
>>60929561
It's good for a hip hop record, but it's still a hip hop record. Let's not pretend this is "genius" music that is challenging boundaries or doing anything new. It was made by about forty different people by a record label that wanted to appeal to as many people as possible. It's pop music, and it's not particularly creative pop music

It doesn't help that most of the album's fans think that its especially good because they strongly agree with its politics
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.