[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MIA thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (131 KB, 640x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131 KB, 640x800
We haven't had a Maya thread for a while.

What's your favorite album of hers? Are you looking forward to her new record? Liked what you heard so far?
>>
Privilege wasupwitdat
>>
>What's your favorite album of hers?
Arular

>Are you looking forward to her new record?
Very much so, yes.

>Liked what you heard so far?
Swords was pretty vintage M.I.A. Borders I was less keen on, but the music video has made me come around to it. Wanna hear those Skrillex and Blaqstarr songs.
>>
Only heard Borders due to political reason. I think it's very nice simple naive cute song.
>>
Wow this thread turned to shit so quickly.
We all know why honestly.
>>
File: CDcwPVCUEAE_Thh.png (402 KB, 495x720) Image search: [Google]
CDcwPVCUEAE_Thh.png
402 KB, 495x720
>alimony

WASUPWITDAT
>>
>people who've only heard Borders
baka
>>
ive heard a few songs here and there, i appreciate that she's quite a talented artist but really its just not my kinda music
i haven't listened to any full projects of hers although i have been considering it

>>60926395
how's that even possible
i mean i dunno if paper planes was as massive in america as it was over here in bongland but here at least there's absolutely no way you couldn't have heard it
>>
>>60926435
Yeah you're probably right. Paper Planes was quite inescapable at a certain point. But still, her Borders song is attracting a lot of people who wouldn't typically listen to her music or know about her.
>>
>>60928393
RateYourMusic
>>
What the fuck is happening here
>>
>>60926006
Favorite is still Kala
I love all the 90s club influence and other bits of electronic ephemera
>>
>>60929067
mods pruned the thread because of politics. It's kind of hard to refrain from politics when some of her songs are about them...
>>
Love the songs that have come out so far

Matangi has to be my favourite of hers because I can't stop listening to Bad Girls, aTENTion and YALA.

It is hilarious how mad /pol/ is about Borders, just looking ast the amount of dislikes the video has amuses me.
>>
>>60929081
I'm sure our shitposting friends has a comprehensive knowledge of MIA's discography, anon.
>>
MIA is the only radical musician I can think of who isn't cringeworthy
>>
>>60929137
What exactly do you mean by radical?
>>
>>60929110
YALA's probably my least favorite song on all her albums desu
>>
>>60929399
i just get really hyped at

ALARMS GO OFF WHEN I ENTER THE BUILDING
>>
>>60929212
her songwriting and aesthetic are very insurrectionary
see: $20, Born Free, Borders even Paper Planes
>>
File: mia_.jpg (9 KB, 285x285) Image search: [Google]
mia_.jpg
9 KB, 285x285
she's garbage and ugly irl
>>
>>60926006
>Are you looking forward to her new record?

I'm really looking forward to all of the critics panning it and then praising albums that sound exactly like it three years later.
>>
>>60926006
Maya is fantastic. One of the best 21st century female artists.
>>
>>60929592
I get you now. I guess her mode of communication as a political artist is a bit different to others, at least in hip hop. Her primary way of expressing herself is through sound and visuals and colour, rather than intense lyrical acrobatics (not to dismiss her songwriting). It takes away the obviousness and possibly contrivance that comes with that.
>>
>>60929701
Her and Björk are GOAT
>>
>>60929799
Yeah. I won't always say that an artist's public persona is necessary to understand their music, But with MIA i think that's certainly the case
>>
I love all her albums except the first one, but her last single was painfully bad (and note that I'm a huge supporter of Syrian refugees)

still, I adore her - she's pretty much the Lizzy Mercier Descloux of today
>>
>>60930829
Give Arular another chance,I'm sure its a grower.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.