[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Don't get me wrong, I think this album's really good.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: stgstv.png (2 MB, 1417x1417) Image search: [Google]
stgstv.png
2 MB, 1417x1417
Don't get me wrong, I think this album's really good. But why do people insist that it's so "out there"? There's literally nothing on this album that's going to be "OMG experimental" to anyone who's listened to The Flaming Lips.
>>
>>60925741
Sine waves and harsh noise are pretty out there for most people
>>
>>60925741
I can deal with noisy music if I'm enjoying it, but this just doesn't sit right on my ears. It actually feels more painful to listen to than enjoyable. And I really want to like it too because it has an awesome name.

Then again when I first listened to The Downward Spiral I thought it was just noisy garbage and now it's one of my favorite albums. Maybe it'll click one day, who knows. But for now Animal Collective isn't on my radar.
>>
>>60925940
>But for now Animal Collective isn't on my radar.
You do realize all their albums sound different, right?
>>
>>60925741
Possibly the greatest pleb filter of all time.
>>
>>60926085
I do. I've dabbled in most of them and nothing really gripped me.
>>
I get that it's noisy and all, but the core of the music is so poppy, I can't believe people think about it the way they do.

I literally kek out loud every time I see those shitty AnCo flowcharts that say, "WARNING! This album is ABRASIVE AS FUCK!"

I'm kekking just thinking about it...
>>
>>60926151
I'm sorry to hear that.
>>
>>60925741
it's literally music made by spergs for spergs, so obviously they'll pretend it's all high and mighty for >le superior taste
>>
>>60926151
That's actually pretty impressive. Usually that band has something for everybody. What kind of bands do you like?
>>
>>60927014
>Usually that band has something for everybody
You're really overestimating how varied their music is
>>
>>60927047
Well obviously they have a style and genre that they stick to, but to listen to every album they've put out and not enjoy any of them would seem odd to me
>>
>>60926637
x^D
>>
>>60927109
I still don't see it, AnCo has a very particular sound and its very easy for me to see someone not liking any of it.
>>
>>60927196
I disagree
>>
>>60927014
I listen to mostly everything. Some all time favorites are Radiohead, Frank Zappa, Nine Inch Nails, Yes. I'm going through a big post-rock phase rn. Probably pleb shit by /mu/'s standards but whatever.

If you have any recs for something by them I should look at harder I'd be happy to give it a listen.
>>
File: rnh.jpg (102 KB, 900x1600) Image search: [Google]
rnh.jpg
102 KB, 900x1600
>>60927554
>post-rock
>radiohead, zappa, nine inch nails, yes
>>
Dude, Kid A is more "out there" than Spirit.
>>
>>60927898
You didn't see AnCo perform Spirit on SNL though...
>>
>>60925741
why do people think experimentation is a contest?

it's fucking music

if you like it you listen to the shit, you dont pin it up on your lapel as a status symbol for everyone to look at. fuck
>>
>>60927672
I said those are some of my favorites in general. I'm going through a post-rock phase listening to GY!BE, Mono, God is an Astronaut, We Lost The Sea, etc.
>>
>>60925741
>There's literally nothing on this album that's going to be "OMG experimental" to anyone who's listened to The Flaming Lips.
wew
>>
>>60928310
kek
>>
>>60928390
Post-rock, huh?
Then this may be for you.
http://moiposledniekanikuly.bandcamp.com
>>
>>60925741
Untitled
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.