[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think about Arctic Monkeys?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: Arctic-monkeys-logo-wallpaper.jpg (164 KB, 2981x1464) Image search: [Google]
Arctic-monkeys-logo-wallpaper.jpg
164 KB, 2981x1464
What does /mu/ think about Arctic Monkeys?
>>
I don't think they're that bad
>>
band for dumb girls without personality
>>
nice but overhyped
>>
/mu/ hates them but they're okay
>>
They were the heroes rock deserves back in 2006. They gave up that mantle, made 2 meh records, then came back and made a *really good* generic pop-rock record. I like them, but oh have they let me down.
>>
First two albums are good.
>>
>>60925724
Bad

Worst thing for English rock music right now
>>
The Strokes is better
>>
>>60925724
From ritz to rubble is the best song they ever made.
>>
>>60925782
>Humbug
>meh
Its only their best album
>>
>>60925724
reminds me of the "Hamburger Schule" during the 90's in germany but just dosn't feel that fresh for me so
Tocotronic is superior to AM
>>
>>60925836
It's an attempt at psychedelic rock by a bunch of vapid, shallow, non-spiritual english punks. There's a reason punk in 1977 was born as a backlash to psych: they're incompatible on a basic compositional level.

Luckily those punks have a fantastic ear for melodies, so what would have been a car crash for other artists was only mediocre for them, but still.
>>
>>60925832
You mean 505
>>
>>60925901
You mean Brianstorm
>>
>>60925922
No
>>
Remember folks, if you seriously enjoy Humbug and hate AM, you're a poser.
>>
>>60925724
Radiohead are far far far better
>>
>>60925724
Debut album was great. All downhill from there. Am had one of the best rock songs of past 5 years tho (r u mine)
>>
>>60925724
they still haven't written anything as good as 'I bet you look good on the dancefloor'.

AM was better than their previous album but there is still something a little bit dull about them now.
>>
>>60925724
My favourite song is Teddy Picker.What do you think about that?
>>
First album - classic

Second album - not as good but still brilliant

Third album - lost everything that was good about them

Fourth and fifth - ho hum. I don't think they really know what they want to be anymore and it sounds like it too.
>>
File: digital-ist-besser.jpg (217 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
digital-ist-besser.jpg
217 KB, 800x800
>>60926133
yeah i'm not a poser! thank you!!!!!

>>60925761
>>60925887
I can enjoy them but they are nothing special to me.
may I'm to old (I'm not so old)
>>
>>60926213
Good song, I respect your opinion
>>
First two albums were great but they just lost everything that was good about them later
>>
>>60925889
>psychedelic
I'm not sure about that, more like dessert rock. Dance Little Liar is possibly the best song they've ever made. It's certainly not a bad album senpai
>>
They used to be a genuinely interesting band but got really complacent once they became marketable
>>
Have a lot of mediocre stuff but some great stuff. AM was an extremely shallow crowd pleaser though, hope they don't continue in that direction. They've become the poster child for liberal NYU students who try hard to look deep and intentionally get addicted to coffee and cigarettes because they like the aesthetic of it.
>>
>>60926133
I don't hate AM, but it's no Humbug.

>Whatever People Say I Am
7/10
>Favourite Worst Nightmare
8/10
>Humbug
8/10
>Suck it and See
5/10
>AM
6/10
>>
Alex Turner used to be such a fucking great lyricist.
>used to be
>>
We are on 4chan so what kind of response do you expect?

Anyone reasonable will say they are good.
Anyone on 4chan will say they are shit for the sake of being contrarian.
>>
>>60925832

i like you anon, you cool
>>
>>60925724
WPSIATWIN - 8/10
FWN - 7.5/10
Humbug - 6.5/10
SIAS - 5/10
AM - 5/10
>>
>>60926546
>anyone who disagrees with me is a hipster!

fuck off. I like a lot of Arctic Monkeys output but fuck off.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.