[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FACT Albums of 2015
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2
File: fact.png (3 MB, 1862x1084) Image search: [Google]
fact.png
3 MB, 1862x1084
thoughts? http://www.factmag.com/2015/12/09/the-50-best-albums-of-2015/
>>
>Called Fact
>Has an opinion
>>
aka 50 albums worse than divers
>>
>>60924470
>art angels
>#5

Dropped
>>
>>60924470
Meh list
>>
Bleep pulled a similar listen with that Wildboy or whatever the fuck album at #1 to surprise everybody.
Mediocrity.
>>
eh, at least it has some interesting choices.

also i dunno about that dawn richard album being aoty, but it's really great and did not get enough discussion here on /mu/
>>
I have heard exactly one album on that entire list, so I can't really hold an opinion. That said, I expected something worse. There are a few interesting artists there that I wouldn't expect.
>>
More black mediocrity in place of white excellence. Disgusting

>Summertime ’06 is as ambitious (and sometimes as flawed) as a prog rock opus.

LOL
>>
>>60924470
surprisingly bad considering how good some of the music they cover is
>>
>>60924677
this. all you have to do is be black to make lists in this decade
>>
>no Jenny Hval

List discarded
>>
>>60924677

but that Vince Staples album is actually good?

Do you agree that DS2 deserved 6th place, then?
>>
>>60924782
>
>>
>Future
>Vince Staples
>#1 is some nobody LE SOULFUL black woman

dropped
>>
>>60925042
future and vince had good projects though
>>
>>60925042

>Future and Young Thug are bad
>doesn't call into question the vastly overrated TPAB

White people, I swear
>>
>no Fetty Wap
>Kendrick and Kelela that high
>Grimes and that horrendous Rustie album on the list at all

despite all that, still the best major magazine Top of 2015 list i've seen
>>
Really just happy GOD beat out TPAB, I could care less about everything else
>>
>Dawn Richard
who???????????????????????????????????????????????????
>>
>>60924470
>TPAB not #1
already better than whatever pitchfork's shit is gonna be
>>
>>60924470
>Jlin - Dark Energy
Everybody who enjoyed this album is a tool. I can make better shit if you give me some earbuds and a cracked version of Cubase on Atari ST.
>>
>Johny May Cash's Last Day's is in the top 50 albums of this year

when will the 'trap is good' meme end
>>
>>60924470
>DS2 is on there at all
>>
>>60925437
>I can make better shit

this argument is the top indicator to spot retarded people.

>lol rothko just painted a red rectangle I CAN DO THAT
>>
so is this the best AOTY list so far this year? its already better than whatever p4k will put together
>>
>>60925707
well i can paint a red rectangle, too, you little pussy faggot! just gimme some of those fruity loops or whatever and i'll make any stupid bleepity bloop album! none of these "artists" have the deep talent and insight of Father John Misty.
>>
>>60925707
>>60925873
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-SOxiWncp0
You can't seriously argue that this is well produced.
>>
In SItu getting snubbed everywhere fuck
>>
>>60925914
its supposed to make you feel uncomfortable
>>
>>60925944
It just makes me feel annoyed and want to put on something else. Nobody is praising it as a piece of Dadaist anti-art. Have a 32 year old track that actually gives me that vibe you're describing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL7zA1lE18c
>>
>>60925914
it sounds good as fuck. there's tension, release, layered textures, and the sort of just-left-of-danceable beat and feel that's become popularized recently but that so very few artists can make work as perfectly as Jlin. fewer still can make it work for a whole song. i'm sorry you disagree, but i'm sure there's plenty of music you enjoy that i don't. stop being a prick.
>>
>>60926138
>it sounds good as fuck
is your definition of "good as fuck" accidentally exporting your entire lp without any mixdown and deleting all of the velocity data?
>>
>>60926197
>thinks people appreciate electronic producers for their engineering and that kind of production ability
>is too dense to enjoy music that isn't produced in a professional studio setting only attainable by millionaires
>thinks his opinions on electronic music matter
>>
>>60924470
Really good list.
>>
>>60926197
Do you even listen to footwork you dense idiot
>>
>>60926307
Yes. I don't see why you would ask that question though, this album is not footwork neither juke.
>>
File: llt.jpg (809 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
llt.jpg
809 KB, 1200x1200
At least my AOTY is in one list
>>
>>60926612
was happy to see it so high. This is the best textured vaporwave album
>>
of the lists I've seen this is half way decent
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.