[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be me >12 >tool is favorite band >listen to tool
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: tumblr_mh154yyfLY1qcupmyo2_500.gif (982 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mh154yyfLY1qcupmyo2_500.gif
982 KB, 500x376
>be me
>12
>tool is favorite band
>listen to tool ad/ed
>turn 16
>never listen to tool again because gay

I'm 30 now, y'all. Just listened to Opiate. Undertow now. I'm going all the way. Never even heard 10,000 Days. Shit's still pretty gay, but kinda good in spots. Nostalgia levels I've never felt before.

Does /mu/ ever go down memory lane? What music did you guys outgrow a long time ago? What stuff from your childhood do you still like?
>>
File: theymightbegiantscover.jpg (3 MB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
theymightbegiantscover.jpg
3 MB, 1600x1600
I can always go back and listen to early They Might Be Giants.
>>
i sometimes go back and listen to Primus and remind myself of easier times.
>>
I still like the majority of the music I listened to when I was younger, at least to an extent. Some of it I downright love.

>Cypress Hill
>Radiohead
>Red Hot Chili Peppers

Though the last one is purely due to nostalgia, and only if someone else plays it in the car or something
>>
I still bust out the linkin park, and ol metalcore records once in a while
>>
File: MI0002492323.jpg (32 KB, 399x400) Image search: [Google]
MI0002492323.jpg
32 KB, 399x400
Widespread Panic
Phish
Grateful Dead
Edie Brickell & The New Bohemians
Blues Traveller
Aquarium Rescue Music
Grateful Dead
Phish

I outgrew shitty hippy music for rich republican kids. The whole scene was a wakeup call, funded by kids sponging off their parents and their drug dealers.
>>
The only stuff I listned to and don't like anymore is indie rock you would find in NME, stuff like arctic Monkeys, Maximo Park, Kaiser Chiefs and The Kooks
>>
listen to SOAD sometimes to remind myself of the simple middle school days
>>
sometimes I don't change song when SOAD comes on
>>
I don't understand people who stop liking music when "they get older". Melodies never get old. You'd have to be one of those tossers who listens to music as a fashion statement and as a way to buy in a life style to do that.
>>
>>60925185

Forgot 311

FUUUCCCCCKKK 311!!
>>
>>60925138
Hybrid theory and Meteora has its place indeed
>>
when Joshua Tree was newish and they really broke big, i was pretty into U2. highschool freshman, you know how it is. i had that, Live under a Blood Red Sky, War, and Boy. i was along for the ride for the stuff that came after but was just into better stuff more by then. i only still have my copy of Boy, but i never listen to it anymore.

Mostly i'm still pretty unabashedly into all my old favorites, like >>60925287
say.

went through some serious revisiting of Tori's Little Earthquakes and all the IRS era REM records within the last few years. never really quit on any of my old faves. maybe Chili Peppers but i still like 'em, tho.
>>
>>60923943
But tool puts thought into their music

Prove me wrong
>>
>>60925699

I always wondered what the ex-members of Tool did now that their band broke up. Promoting their feeble shit on /mu/, it seems.
>>
Tool are great. Climb down out of pitchfork's arse.
>>
>>60925878
>now that their band broke up
they're literally going on tour next month.
>>
>>60925656

Gotta give REM credit. They made the transition from good to sell-out slow enough to let their old and new fans to exchange their places smoothly.
>>
>be 12
>sober on radio all the damn time
>indifferent to stalking butlers
>21 in art elective, classmates love lateralus
>unanimous consensus that tool is great, slavering over that fibonacci gimmick
>muh time signatures
>i chime in "oh, you mean Fred Durst's Favorite band? yeah...they have cool videos at least." (dick/autist move in retrospect i find artists and groupthink annoying)
>turn 25 watch youtube of Tool perform Sober at Pinkpop
>reevaluate position
>I am now unbelievably in to this band
>took 13 years to realize it
>>
>>60925287
Even if you're not a faggot who uses music as their identityyou can still stop liking a certain type of music

I really liked thrash metal when I was 13 but I can't stand listening to most of it now because it sounds stale since I've heard most of it before
>>
>>60925656
Wow, how did you find /mu/? You're... about 46?
>>
>5th grade 2005
>NWA and Nas are my favorite artists
>2015
>can't stand to listen to them because it's boring dadrap garbage
>>
>>60925964
same guy here

i guess. i'm still OK with Green but certain tracks i have to skip. it was the new one when i started with them and i loved it at the time. i got Document and Reckoning then, too. bear in mind i was still quite young then but i thought Out Of Time was crap when it was released like a year later.

i caught them right on the transition but it was obvious even as a young guy that they sucked after the major label jump. can't tell if that affirms or confounds your point, but i get what you're saying, yeah.
>>
>>60926066
nah, mate, 41. JT wasn't brand new when i was 14 but the next one, Rattle and Hum, wasn't out yet when i started with U2.

found out about 4chan a little after chanology times, been here ever since, but i don't come to this board too often since mediafire cracked down. i don't even see a sharethread in the catalog just now.
>>
>>60925984
You're into that band? You mean Fred Durst's Favorite band? yeah...they have cool videos at least.
>>
>>60925951
maynard they have to do one more album for the record contract, but the band is basically done
>>
>>60926696
kek
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.