[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So as of lately I've been trying to get into the more "abstract"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: hh.jpg (363 KB, 1327x611) Image search: [Google]
hh.jpg
363 KB, 1327x611
So as of lately I've been trying to get into the more "abstract" side of Hip-Hop. After some scavenging around, I created this kinda starter-pack-thing here. It contains:

J Dilla - Donuts
Madvillain - Madvillainy
MF DOOM - Mm.. Food
King Geedorah - Take me to your Leader
Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp a Butterfly
Quasimoto - The Unseen
Viktor Vaughn - Vaudeville Villain

Is it alright? Should I add/take anything off?
>>
>>60919873
>Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp a Butterfly
There is nothing abstract about this.
>>
>>60919873
You realise like 5 of those are the same artist, right?
>>
>>60919873
Get the fuck out with that Kendrick Lamar and add some Flying Lotus.
>>
>>60919873
Swap To Pimp A Butterfly with Endtroducing... and it's alright I guess.
>>
bait
>>
>4 things by MF DOOM and two things by Madlib on the same list
I can see you put a lot of thought and effort into this starter pack. You probably know a lot about hip hop in general
>>
>winamp
XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
>>
>>60919873
You're missing DJ Shadow's Entroducing and Flying Lotus's Cosmogramma. Also, everybody's right that Kendrick Lamar doesn't belong there. You also need to look into something a little less obvious, like Prefuse 73's One Word Extinguisher.
>>
>>60919873
Get some Flying Lotus and Captain Murphy opee.
>>
>>60919930
What's wrong with Winamp? I've been using it for years now.

>>60919929
I don't. That's why I'm asking. I read a lot of good stuff about both Madlib and DOOM, that's why I put so much of their stuff in.

>>60919897
Yeah, I do.
>>
>>60919873
>he uses winamp in 2015
get musicbee nerd
>>
>>60919977
>he can't read obvious sarcasm
>>
>>60919977
You'll need Busdriver and Dalek on this list too, cLOUDDEAD as well.
>>
>>60919873
Listen to Fear of a Black Tangent by Busdriver
>>
File: image.jpg (126 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126 KB, 700x700
>>60919873
You need this
>>
>>60919873
Add flylo, clouddead, dälek, DJ shadow, busdriver, and maybe death grips/blackie/clipping/techno animal if you want abrasive stuff
Remove kendrick
>>
File: images.jpg (14 KB, 337x437) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
14 KB, 337x437
>>60919873
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.