[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GRIMES
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (96 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96 KB, 640x640
What do you guys think of Grimes new album?
>>
>>60918439
I didn't like it at all. It doesn't fit as art pop to me. It's just indie pop, not much better than Lana del Rey or Lady Gaga.
>>
I like it alot. Solid album.
>>
like all poo, it belongs in the loo
>>
It's a quality pop album. There's not much more to it and people expect far to much from it.
>>
It's not bad, but its just more of the same. We didn't had many people making music like old grimes but we have a lot of people out there making music like the new grimes so meh.
>>
>>60918741
>she gave you the old grime grime
>>
>>60918751
>stay stay I wanna play play
>>
>>60918439
Love it.
>>
it's kind of funny how the moral of the album is to love a real girl whilst she's pretending to be a girl you should love on a music album that isn't a real girl

oh, and the songs are mostly lame
>>
maybe i'd listen to it if the album art wasn't so fucking gay
>>
>>60918751
>>60918906
Pitchfork BNM: Best New Meme
>>
>>60921031

it sounds like its meant for teenage girls in the 90s, don't waste your time, unless you feel like a teenage a girl who lives in the 90s.
>>
Loved it. Far and away my favourite of hers, and I've followed her since Geidi Primes.

Lol'd at p4k giving it the same score as Visions. Kill v Maim is a banger as is Artangels and Pin. California is the weak point.
>>
>>60921073
nah, that's the gimmick in pretend for people who pretend to like the album, yes, but it doesn't actually sound like it

if it did and was stylistically and thematically all out in that direction, I'd be all over it for the novelty

what it actually sounds like is Grimes-lite, watered down Grimes, skimmed Grimes, from a Grimes that's run out of ideas and spark that made the previous albums such gems in their time - the meat of her music is gone, the superficial has stayed, and that applies to her now fanbase, too
>>
>>60921184
> from a Grimes that's run out of amphetamine and acid
>>
File: 2015Grimes_SN_5_021215.jpg (143 KB, 509x630) Image search: [Google]
2015Grimes_SN_5_021215.jpg
143 KB, 509x630
>>60918439
really good
>>
I love it although I dunno why she didn't added the songs Go (Feat. Blood Diamond) and Christmas Song II (grinch) as bonus tracks :/
>>
Pretty good
>>
>>60921564
Because GO fucking sucks so much
>>
>>60918439
Disappointed.
>>
>inb4 a bunch of white males call her a "sell out"
>>
File: 61.jpg (50 KB, 500x430) Image search: [Google]
61.jpg
50 KB, 500x430
>>60922838
>>
>>60921073
your music perception is literally wrong
>>
>>60922536
agree
>>
>>60922879
You forgot the adjectives "privileged", "straight" and "cis-gendered"
>>
Has like 2 good songs, The rest are ok or just mediocre, DEFINATELY not worthy of all the 8.5+ reviews its been getting imo
>>
>>60921564
Too old?
>>
>>60918457
this
>>
>>60918457
lol it's much better and it's actually obvious if you really listened to the album
>>
her only good album
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.