[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looking at getting my first synthesizer. There's a few used
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 00606_7owc2Vg1tG6_600x450.jpg (23 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
00606_7owc2Vg1tG6_600x450.jpg
23 KB, 600x375
Looking at getting my first synthesizer. There's a few used ones in my area; do any of these look okay? Need MIDI so I can use it with Fruity Loops. Not really looking for new unless it's cheaper since I'm just starting out.

Akai MPK61 - $375
Yamaha S80 - $450
Yamaha V50 - $200
MicroKorg with mic - $320
>>
are you just looking for a MIDI Controller or a full blown synthesizer with MIDI capabilities? the MPK61 is only a controller...

also, the MicroKorg does not have full sized keys - that is something to keep in mind when looking for a set of keys
>>
brooooo
>>
>>60914968

Sorry, I should have clarified - it can be either. It's going in my computer room and will be used with my PC, it's just that if it's a synthesizer it's a little easier to manage.
>>
>>60914968

And size doesn't really matter. I don't plan on taking it with me anywhere, but a smaller footprint is always good. I'm mostly looking for quality, ease of use, and price.

It's been a long day so sorry if I'm a bit incoherent.
>>
anything but a microkorg.

when will that memesynth die?
>>
>>60915019
>>60915056
personally, I don't like cheap poly synths... once you get comfortable with patchflows and everything like that you'll wish you had something better

with that being said, since you're starting out and plan on playing on fruityloops I say just get a controller like this M-Audio 49. there's some decent stuff around this price new

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IWU2CBA/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00IWU2CBA&linkCode=as2&tag=wirerealm-20&linkId=BVWZQRSMHTAKP55W

once you get this thing just spend a lot of time making different sounds with it. once you learn the terms and get better at synthesis then you can easily jump into analog synths and all that since you'll know what you want in it. it's a really difficult subject if you're beginner tbqh
>>
>>60914905
i would never pay over 300 for the microkorg. if you end up getting that one you should look on craigslist or ebay, my friend got one for 200 a couple months ago.
>>
>>60914905
why buY A synth if ur using it as a midid controller? you can buy a shitty 3 ocrave midi keyboard for 20 bucks... less than 100 if tou want one with weighted velocity sensitive keys and pads
>>
>>60915177

Thanks bud. Sorry for being such a noob.
>>
>>60915227
No problem, everyone starts somewhere
>>
>>60914905
Prophet-6

Do it faggot, it's only $2.7k
>>
>>60914905
Bass Station II
>>
>>60914905
Korg Volca Keys is an easy into synths and they're quite capable little machines.

https://youtu.be/dPsqZaIjhGE?t=5m41s
>>
>>60915147
Microkorg is legowelt approved though
>>
>>60914905
i'd look for something with a lot of fader knobs/ or sliders. so you can control more parameters for your desired daw.
>>
>>60914905
get a actually synth instead of a midi controller

they are typically built better, have midi, and a bank of sounds to use in addition with your DAW.

also, you most older synths have aftertouch
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.